Linspire and CNR - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linspire and CNR - Ubuntu ; Ubuntu was supposed to be one of the first to receive CNR. Is it there at this point? -- Arguing on the Internet is a fool's game. You are either arguing with a 12 year old with an infinite amount ...

  1. Linspire and CNR

    --
    Arguing on the Internet is a fool's game. You are either arguing with a
    12 year old with an infinite amount of time, or someone like him.

  2. Re: Linspire and CNR

    Pete wrote:
    > Ubuntu was supposed to be one of the first to receive CNR.
    > Is it there at this point?

    While you weren't looking, the parent of Linspire, Freespire, & CNR was
    overtaken/acquired by Xandros in 2008 July. There has been a CNR client
    available for Ub 7.04-8.04 for some time.

    Xandros press release sez that so far everything is staying the same with
    Linspire and Freespire and CNR, but some expect that Linspire will change
    and Freespire will stay the same and that Xandros is looking forward to
    doing more/ working with/ with CNR.

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: Linspire and CNR

    "Mike Easter" wrote in message
    news:KKidnd9SD4br6JrUnZ2dnUVZ_qninZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    > Pete wrote:
    >> Ubuntu was supposed to be one of the first to receive CNR.
    >> Is it there at this point?

    > While you weren't looking, the parent of Linspire, Freespire, & CNR was
    > overtaken/acquired by Xandros in 2008 July. There has been a CNR client
    > available for Ub 7.04-8.04 for some time.
    >
    > Xandros press release sez that so far everything is staying the same with
    > Linspire and Freespire and CNR, but some expect that Linspire will change
    > and Freespire will stay the same and that Xandros is looking forward to
    > doing more/ working with/ with CNR.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks. Can you tell me where/how to get the CNR client for Ubuntu?

  4. Re: Linspire and CNR

    "Mike Easter" wrote in message
    news:KKidnd9SD4br6JrUnZ2dnUVZ_qninZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    > Pete wrote:
    >> Ubuntu was supposed to be one of the first to receive CNR.
    >> Is it there at this point?

    > While you weren't looking, the parent of Linspire, Freespire, & CNR was
    > overtaken/acquired by Xandros in 2008 July. There has been a CNR client
    > available for Ub 7.04-8.04 for some time.
    >
    > Xandros press release sez that so far everything is staying the same with
    > Linspire and Freespire and CNR, but some expect that Linspire will change
    > and Freespire will stay the same and that Xandros is looking forward to
    > doing more/ working with/ with CNR.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks but I figured out the install/uninstall routine myself. Tks.

  5. Re: Linspire and CNR

    Pete wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> There has been a CNR
    >> client available for Ub 7.04-8.04 for some time.

    > Thanks but I figured out the install/uninstall routine myself.

    I just got back here.

    For others who are looking for this....

    .... there isn't a cnr plugin/frontend/client in the Ub default repos.

    The 3 ub client .debs for 7.04-8.04 are found here
    http://www.cnr.com/supportPages/aboutDownloadPlugin

    .... actually 4 clients including the amd64 one for 8.04 in addition to the
    i386 ones.

    The link above has a link to the 4 .deb downloads and the 3 sets of
    download install .deb instructions which are pretty much the same for all
    3 ubs.

    That page also has downloads and instructions for Mint4 and Linspire6.
    The cnr client comes preinstalled on Freespire2.

    --
    Mike Easter

  6. Re: Linspire and CNR

    * Pete wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > "Mike Easter" wrote in message
    > news:KKidnd9SD4br6JrUnZ2dnUVZ_qninZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    >> Pete wrote:
    >>> Ubuntu was supposed to be one of the first to receive CNR.
    >>> Is it there at this point?

    >> While you weren't looking, the parent of Linspire, Freespire, & CNR
    >> was overtaken/acquired by Xandros in 2008 July. There has been a CNR
    >> client available for Ub 7.04-8.04 for some time.
    >>
    >> Xandros press release sez that so far everything is staying the same
    >> with Linspire and Freespire and CNR, but some expect that Linspire
    >> will change and Freespire will stay the same and that Xandros is
    >> looking forward to doing more/ working with/ with CNR.
    >>

    > Thanks. Can you tell me where/how to get the CNR client for Ubuntu?

    Perhaps youve heard of google?

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/One-C...04-84406.shtml

    --
    David

  7. Re: Linspire and CNR

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:17:11 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    > * Pete wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >

    >> "Mike Easter" wrote in message
    >> news:KKidnd9SD4br6JrUnZ2dnUVZ_qninZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    >>>
    >>> While you weren't looking, the parent of Linspire, Freespire, & CNR
    >>> was overtaken/acquired by Xandros in 2008 July. There has been a CNR
    >>> client available for Ub 7.04-8.04 for some time.
    >>>
    >>> Xandros press release sez that so far everything is staying the same
    >>> with Linspire and Freespire and CNR, but some expect that Linspire
    >>> will change and Freespire will stay the same and that Xandros is
    >>> looking forward to doing more/ working with/ with CNR.
    >>>

    >> Thanks. Can you tell me where/how to get the CNR client for Ubuntu?
    >>

    > Perhaps youve heard of google?
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/One-C...tallation-for-

    Ubuntu-8-04-84406.shtml

    Google ?/ Who are they and where do I find them ? Are they on the high
    street ??? Sounds like a 1950's dance step to me !! Do the Google.
    hahahahahahahahaha

+ Reply to Thread