Re: Comcast making a big sucking attempt to clean your spare cash. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Comcast making a big sucking attempt to clean your spare cash. - Ubuntu ; Bill Baka wrote: >I'm trying to save it. My cable/Internet is costing almost $100/month, >Cell phones are holding at about $100 per month, gas for my daughter to >drive 40 miles each way induces real pain at the pump. 16 ...

  1. Re: Comcast making a big sucking attempt to clean your spare cash.

    Bill Baka wrote:

    >I'm trying to save it. My cable/Internet is costing almost $100/month,
    >Cell phones are holding at about $100 per month, gas for my daughter to
    >drive 40 miles each way induces real pain at the pump. 16 gallons at
    >$4.39 (Today's price) makes even a 25+ MPG car look like a hog.

    25+ mpg is a hog. Cars have been doing 35 mpg (highway) since at
    least the 80s. We should be up to 50 mpg by now.

  2. Re: Comcast making a big sucking attempt to clean your spare cash.

    Todd wrote:
    > Bill Baka wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to save it. My cable/Internet is costing almost $100/month,
    >> Cell phones are holding at about $100 per month, gas for my daughter to
    >> drive 40 miles each way induces real pain at the pump. 16 gallons at
    >> $4.39 (Today's price) makes even a 25+ MPG car look like a hog.

    > 25+ mpg is a hog. Cars have been doing 35 mpg (highway) since at
    > least the 80s. We should be up to 50 mpg by now.

    Total agreement. The car makers are not even trying. I had a 1961
    Rambler with a 196 cubic inch flathead, stick that started out at about
    25MPG. After putting in an overdrive and the tallest possible rear end
    3.90 to 3.00 it jumped to 38 MPG just by **not** spinning the engine as
    fast as it had been. WTF happened to sanity? Both my Mazda 323 and
    Toyota Tercel get about 25-28 MPG and both will run in top overdrive at
    30 MPH, meaning they are both geared too low. Unfortunately neither the
    public nor the car makers seem intelligent enough to realize this.
    I know that is OT, but this is just a flag to let people know that big
    companies could care less about the environment.
    Bill Baka

  3. Re: Comcast making a big sucking attempt to clean your spare cash.

    "Bill Baka" wrote in message
    > Todd wrote:
    >> Bill Baka wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm trying to save it. My cable/Internet is costing almost $100/month,
    >>> Cell phones are holding at about $100 per month, gas for my daughter to
    >>> drive 40 miles each way induces real pain at the pump. 16 gallons at
    >>> $4.39 (Today's price) makes even a 25+ MPG car look like a hog.

    >> 25+ mpg is a hog. Cars have been doing 35 mpg (highway) since at
    >> least the 80s. We should be up to 50 mpg by now.
    >>

    > Total agreement. The car makers are not even trying. I had a 1961 Rambler
    > with a 196 cubic inch flathead, stick that started out at about 25MPG.
    > After putting in an overdrive and the tallest possible rear end
    > 3.90 to 3.00 it jumped to 38 MPG just by **not** spinning the engine as
    > fast as it had been. WTF happened to sanity? Both my Mazda 323 and Toyota
    > Tercel get about 25-28 MPG and both will run in top overdrive at 30 MPH,
    > meaning they are both geared too low. Unfortunately neither the public nor
    > the car makers seem intelligent enough to realize this.
    > I know that is OT, but this is just a flag to let people know that big
    > companies could care less about the environment.
    > Bill Baka

    Oh yeah ?
    Wanna punch in the eyeball socket congruent with the fist that I project in
    you general facial proximity ?
    I'll do it.
    Bet you face ejects cystic bacterial phlegm in my general latitudinal
    location as extreme performuntional testostronal hemorrhoids kick into full
    attack mode.
    The horror !
    ****kin reject

    --