Dell Media Direct not longer working after installing Ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Dell Media Direct not longer working after installing Ubuntu - Ubuntu ; I have accidentally reformatted the first partition of my XPS laptop when installing Ubuntu and as a result I can not longer start Dell Media Direct. I have tried to reinstall it from the CD and the reinstallation fails with ...

  1. Dell Media Direct not longer working after installing Ubuntu

    I have accidentally reformatted the first partition of my XPS laptop when
    installing Ubuntu and as a result I can not longer start Dell Media
    Direct. I have tried to reinstall it from the CD and the reinstallation
    fails with "Installation Errors". The partition is now formatted as FAT 16,
    I no idea what it was before. Reading Dells website it seems that Media
    Direct can't coexist with a custom partitioning arrangement.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Dell Media Direct not longer working after installing Ubuntu

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:28:26 +0000, M wrote:

    > I have accidentally reformatted the first partition of my XPS laptop when
    > installing Ubuntu and as a result I can not longer start Dell Media
    > Direct. I have tried to reinstall it from the CD and the reinstallation
    > fails with "Installation Errors". The partition is now formatted as FAT 16,
    > I no idea what it was before. Reading Dells website it seems that Media
    > Direct can't coexist with a custom partitioning arrangement.
    > Is there a way to fix this?
    > Thanks.

    Have you seen this? (First hit on Google search of "Dell Media Direct"):

    http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/mediadirect.htm

    --
    MarkA
    Keeper of the Butter Dish of Balshazar