test - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on test - Ubuntu ; ...

  1. test

  2. [OT] Re: test

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:20:17 -0400, Pete wrote:

    Welcome to this Usenet newsgroup.
    The following is just an FYI and no response is needed.

    Since the post showed up here, the test failed.
    Do you know about the 400+ test groups on Usenet?
    The ones ending in .test.

    Some interesting information about test posts may be found in
    http://livinginternet.com/u/uu_test.htm

    Please use something like alt.test or misc.test for testing.
    For binary test, use something like alt.binaries.test

    For a more productive Usenet exeprience, please, read

    For odd punctuation marks seen at end of text, you might look at
    http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm

    Note: You may want to save those urls. I have been posting this for
    more than 5 years with the archive flag set so that servers
    honoring the flag can delete this post. That saves some space on
    the server due to the amount of newbies posting test messages to
    live news groups.

  3. Re: [OT] Re: test

    "Bit Twister" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:20:17 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >

    > Welcome to this Usenet newsgroup.
    > The following is just an FYI and no response is needed.
    >
    > Since the post showed up here, the test failed.
    > Do you know about the 400+ test groups on Usenet?
    > The ones ending in .test.
    >
    > Some interesting information about test posts may be found in
    > http://livinginternet.com/u/uu_test.htm
    >
    > Please use something like alt.test or misc.test for testing.
    > For binary test, use something like alt.binaries.test
    >
    > For a more productive Usenet exeprience, please, read
    >
    > For odd punctuation marks seen at end of text, you might look at
    > http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm
    >
    > Note: You may want to save those urls. I have been posting this for
    > more than 5 years with the archive flag set so that servers
    > honoring the flag can delete this post. That saves some space on
    > the server due to the amount of newbies posting test messages to
    > live news groups.

    My bad.

  4. Re: [OT] Re: test

    Pete wrote:

    > My bad.

    While we are discussing "my bad", let me ask if you are the owner of the
    domain "nospam.com" ?

    If not, you are doing a disservice to the real owner, by causing
    Pete @ nospam.com to be harvested by the spambots and flooding that
    domain's mail server with spam.

    http://tekrider.net/general/misctips.php#mung

    --
    -bts

  5. Re: [OT] Re: test

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:05:11 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    wrote:

    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> My bad.

    > While we are discussing "my bad", let me ask if you are the owner of the
    > domain "nospam.com" ?
    >
    > If not, you are doing a disservice to the real owner, by causing
    > Pete @ nospam.com to be harvested by the spambots and flooding that
    > domain's mail server with spam.
    >
    > http://tekrider.net/general/misctips.php#mung

    Had a newe look at the page you offer, Beau,
    and clicked on the RFC link given there,

    | Here is the RFC on "Reserved Top Level DNS Names":
    | http://rfc.net/rfc2606.html ,

    only to get a 404. Is it still rfc.net? Were they
    just temporarily in drydock (or dead in the water)?

    Cheers, -- tlvp

  6. Re: [OT] Re: test

    tlvp wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> http://tekrider.net/general/misctips.php#mung

    > Had a newe look at the page you offer, Beau,
    > and clicked on the RFC link given there,
    >
    >| Here is the RFC on "Reserved Top Level DNS Names":
    >| http://rfc.net/rfc2606.html ,
    >
    > only to get a 404. Is it still rfc.net? Were they
    > just temporarily in drydock (or dead in the water)?

    It's still registered (through Nov 09), and a traceroute works, but it
    doesn't answer a ping. Maybe its temporary...

    --
    -bts