Importing html links? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Importing html links? - Ubuntu ; "Ram" wrote in message news:KH7Mk.12107$Bv.3775@newsfe27.ams2... > Pete wrote: >> >> "SINNER" wrote in message >> news:Xns9B40A2A20F159louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130... >>> * Pete wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: >>> >>>> I would like to import my old windows firefox links to ubuntu firefox. >>>> However, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Importing html links?

    "Ram" wrote in message
    > Pete wrote:
    >>
    >> "SINNER" wrote in message
    >> news:Xns9B40A2A20F159louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130...

    >>> export them to an HTML file from Windows and then import them into FF.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> David

    >> Yes, I have done this. I transfered the file with a usb stick.
    >> Problem is, firefox won't let me browse for the file. It just "gives up".

    > Click *Bookmarks*
    > Click *Organise Bookmarks*
    > Click *Import and Backup*
    > Click *Import HTML*
    > Click *Next*
    > Navigate to your USB pen
    >

    > Ram

    Thanks. Bingo.
    I was trying: File>import

  2. Re: Importing html links?

    Moog wrote:
    > Bill Baka illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> This 'old fool' would love to meet you face to face and introduce yours
    >> to the pavement. That probably holds true for about half the people
    >> using this group.

    > Bill. With all due respect, this "keyboard warrior" stuff is not
    > required.

    I know that but he irritates me no end, to the point where I would like
    to smack him around.

    > You don't like something somebody posts, then simply employ your kill
    > filter.

    He is killed as a primary poster now, but T-Bird won't filter on message
    content.
    This started when someone ragged on my method of manually 'importing' links.
    Bill Baka

  3. Re: Importing html links?

    Bill Baka illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> Bill Baka illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>> This 'old fool' would love to meet you face to face and introduce yours
    >>> to the pavement. That probably holds true for about half the people
    >>> using this group.

    >> Bill. With all due respect, this "keyboard warrior" stuff is not
    >> required.

    > I know that but he irritates me no end, to the point where I would like
    > to smack him around.

    Bite your lip. Move on.

    >> You don't like something somebody posts, then simply employ your kill
    >> filter.
    >>

    > He is killed as a primary poster now, but T-Bird won't filter on message
    > content.

    Thunderbird is pretty second rate. Move over to a decent newsreader

    > This started when someone ragged on my method of manually 'importing' links.

    Which was pretty much the wrong way of doing things...

    Live and learn, dude. Live and learn

    --
    "Now, most dentist's chairs go up and down, don't they? The one I was
    in went back and forwards. I thought 'This is unusual'. And the dentist

  4. Re: Importing html links?

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:43:00 -0800, Bill Baka wrote:

    >> Bill. With all due respect, this "keyboard warrior" stuff is not
    >> required.

    > I know that but he irritates me no end, to the point where I would like
    > to smack him around.

    You would get hurt trying, probably quite seriously.

    >> You don't like something somebody posts, then simply employ your kill
    >> filter.

    > He is killed as a primary poster now, but T-Bird won't filter on message
    > content.

    You've been told numerous times, by numerous people, that T-Bird sucks
    badly as a newsreader, n00b. Listen to the advice given to you by folks
    who know much more about these things (like me), and you'll be much better
    off.

    > This started when someone ragged on my method of manually 'importing'
    > links.

    Probably because your "method" was stupid, and wrong. Quite n00bish.

    > Bill Baka

    AKA The Drooling Old Fool of a Win-droid.

    See? Again!

    Bugger off.

  5. Re: Importing html links?

    Bill Baka wrote:

    .... snip ...

    --
    +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
    +-------------------+ / \
    | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
    | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\

    fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2.
    to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences
    that are worse than the original problem. Usage: "Windows ME
    fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows 98 SE". - Hutchinson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2