8.10 VPN does not store group password - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 8.10 VPN does not store group password - Ubuntu ; Hi, I am using 8.10 build and noticed that VPN in network manager no longer has the option to only store the group password. Is this a bug or are there any workarrounds ? Thanks, ~preetham...

  1. 8.10 VPN does not store group password

    Hi,
    I am using 8.10 build and noticed that VPN in network manager no
    longer has the option to only store the group password. Is this a bug or
    are there any workarrounds ?

    Thanks,
    ~preetham

  2. Re: 8.10 VPN does not store group password

    Preetham Kajekar illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Hi,
    > I am using 8.10 build and noticed that VPN in network manager no
    > longer has the option to only store the group password. Is this a bug or
    > are there any workarrounds ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > ~preetham

    Hi Preetham,

    Network manager (and specifically nm-applet) has seen a drastic
    change in intrepid. It takes a little bit of understanding.

    What you need to do is right click the nm-applet icon in the
    notification area, select "Edit Connections" then navigate through to
    your VPN connection (in the vpn tab). Highlight the reuired VPN
    connection. Click "Edit". There should be two tick boxes,
    "Connect Automatically" and "System Setting". Place a tick in both.

    Don't close the window just yet.

    You then need to enter your password settings again (or whichever
    security settings you need) and re-enter.

    You will then find that the "system setting" will stick and you'll be
    up and running on each and every boot without the need for a "keyring"
    password entry.

    HTH.

    --
    "Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard."
    Spike Milligan

+ Reply to Thread