libdvdcss - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on libdvdcss - Ubuntu ; How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. libdvdcss

    How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

  2. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:

    > How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    You use the built-in package manager, doofus.

    Another drooling Win-droid. What a surprise.

  3. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:

    > How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    Two commands:

    wget -c http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/libd/libdvdcss/
    libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb

    sudo dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb

  4. Re: libdvdcss

    http://www.medibuntu.org/

    --
    Ann

  5. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:

    > How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    An easy way would be to go to the add programs menu and add restricted
    extras. This will give you libdvdcss and other non-free items if you so
    desire.

  6. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:33:35 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >
    >> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    > You use the built-in package manager, doofus.

    > Another drooling Win-droid. What a surprise.

    What a really bright thoughtful comment. Doing what you can to keep Linux
    to yourself?

  7. Re: libdvdcss

    gregg wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:33:35 -0500, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> You use the built-in package manager, doofus.

    >> Another drooling Win-droid. What a surprise.

    > What a really bright thoughtful comment. Doing what you can to keep Linux
    > to yourself?

    Dan C is first on the plonk list followed closely by
    Hadron (strange?) Quark.
    Out of the 6 known(?) types (up, down, top, bottom, charmed, and
    strange) I give him the strange. He even pretends to know something
    about the field of research, which I really don't think he does.
    I sometimes think that Dan C has a Haiku insult generator since his
    insults always go the way of Win-droid.

    Aside from a few nut jobs (every group has a few) this is an informative
    group and if you follow it there are some very good inputs for odd problems.

    G'day.
    Bill Baka

  8. Re: libdvdcss

    gregg wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> Pete wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> You use the built-in package manager, doofus.

    >> Another drooling Win-droid. What a surprise.

    > What a really bright thoughtful comment. Doing what you can to
    > keep Linux to yourself?

    A couple of days ago I observed, in quotes, three successive posts
    by the troll Dan C that were reasonable. I guess he has gone back
    to skipping his meds.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  9. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:01:37 +0000, gregg wrote:

    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> You use the built-in package manager, doofus.

    >> Another drooling Win-droid. What a surprise.

    > What a really bright thoughtful comment. Doing what you can to keep Linux
    > to yourself?

    Not sure what you mean by that. I did answer his question, didn't I? The
    second comment was intended to illustrate that only a Win-droid would ask
    such a question in the first place, having not bothered to
    use/explore/research the built-in updating abilities already present in
    the system.

    Can you actually find any flaws in that logic, or those statements?

  10. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:23:38 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

    > I sometimes think that Dan C has a Haiku insult generator since his
    > insults always go the way of Win-droid.

    Nope, all comments are made from scratch.

    Even to drooling, ignorant Win-droids such as "Bill Baka".

  11. Re: libdvdcss

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:59:24 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:

    >>> You use the built-in package manager, doofus.

    >>> Another drooling Win-droid. What a surprise.

    >> What a really bright thoughtful comment. Doing what you can to
    >> keep Linux to yourself?

    > A couple of days ago I observed, in quotes, three successive posts
    > by the troll Dan C that were reasonable. I guess he has gone back
    > to skipping his meds.

    Meds? What meds? I'm healthy as a horse.

    Here we have another resident troll, who can't admit that I actually did
    answer the ignorant OP's question with perfect accuracy. Falcon-boy won't
    respond to this, either, as he claims to have me KF'd (he actually
    doesn't), and responding would prove that.

    Gee, what a surprise. Yet another Win-droid trolling in a Linux newsgroup.

  12. Re: libdvdcss

    "Roland Latour" wrote in message
    news:kIednWVA05wGH2LVnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@posted.caven etllc...
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >
    >> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    > Two commands:
    >
    > wget -c http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/libd/libdvdcss/
    > libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb
    >
    > sudo dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb

    Didn't work.
    Totem.
    "an error occured. Could not read from resource"

  13. Re: libdvdcss

    Doesn't work for me.

    "gregg" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >
    >> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    > An easy way would be to go to the add programs menu and add restricted
    > extras. This will give you libdvdcss and other non-free items if you so
    > desire.

  14. Re: libdvdcss

    On 10/22/2008 12:25 PM, Pete wrote:
    > How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    Maybe this link will help

    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:H...ng_DVD_Support

  15. Re: libdvdcss

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:48:06 -0400, Pete wrote:

    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> An easy way would be to go to the add programs menu and add restricted
    >> extras. This will give you libdvdcss and other non-free items if you so
    >> desire.

    > Doesn't work for me.

    Of course it doesn't... Looks like you had better just stick with
    Windoze, you drooling ignorant dumbass. Your two-digit IQ is going to
    hold you back from many things in life, but you probably already know
    that...

    I've posted your recent portrait photo here:

    http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/headsup.jpg

    Now, just run along and disappear.

  16. Re: libdvdcss

    "Pete" wrote in news:TL0Mk.4110$x%.1508
    @nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

    > "Roland Latour" wrote in message
    > news:kIednWVA05wGH2LVnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@posted.caven etllc...
    >> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:25:19 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> Two commands:
    >>
    >> wget -c http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/libd/libdvdcss/
    >> libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb
    >>
    >> sudo dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb

    > Didn't work.
    > Totem.
    > "an error occured. Could not read from resource"

    Coming into this thread late........

    add the following line to your package installer (Synaptic, Adept etc)
    under the "Third Party Software" tab:

    "deb http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy free non-free"

    Refresh (reload) package list and then do a search for libdvdcss;
    version 1.2.9-2 should be available.

    VLC's site also has a deb package at:

    http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/1.2.9/deb/

    .......but for some reason, it would appear that it's not the current
    version : libdvdcss2_1.2.9-1_i386.deb

  17. Re: libdvdcss

    "propman" wrote in message
    news:Xns9B406442AF987propmhotmailcom@85.214.105.20 9...
    > "Pete" wrote in news:TL0Mk.4110$x%.1508
    > @nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:
    >

    >> "Roland Latour" wrote in message
    >> news:kIednWVA05wGH2LVnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@posted.caven etllc...

    >>> Two commands:
    >>>
    >>> wget -c http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/libd/libdvdcss/
    >>> libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb
    >>>
    >>> sudo dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb

    >> Didn't work.
    >> Totem.
    >> "an error occured. Could not read from resource"
    >>

    > Coming into this thread late........
    >
    > add the following line to your package installer (Synaptic, Adept etc)
    > under the "Third Party Software" tab:
    >
    > "deb http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy free non-free"
    >
    > Refresh (reload) package list and then do a search for libdvdcss;
    > version 1.2.9-2 should be available.
    >

    > VLC's site also has a deb package at:
    >
    > http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/1.2.9/deb/
    >
    > ......but for some reason, it would appear that it's not the current
    > version : libdvdcss2_1.2.9-1_i386.deb

    Didn't work.
    Totem.
    "an error occured. Could not read from resource"
    Also, the file libdvdcss2 has that 2 in front of it.

  18. Re: libdvdcss

    "Wing" wrote in message
    > On 10/22/2008 12:25 PM, Pete wrote:
    >> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    > Maybe this link will help
    >
    > http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:H...ng_DVD_Support

    No, no it was no help at all. Go away.

  19. Re: libdvdcss

    "Pete" wrote in message
    > How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    NOT libdvdcss2

  20. Re: libdvdcss

    "Pete" wrote in message
    > How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    I did it! Not sure I could repeate it though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast