libdvdcss - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on libdvdcss - Ubuntu ; * Pete wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: > > "Wing" wrote in message > news:%21Mk.3116$Ei5.2745@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com... >> On 10/22/2008 12:25 PM, Pete wrote: >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine? >> >> Maybe this link will help >> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: libdvdcss

    * Pete wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > "Wing" wrote in message
    >> On 10/22/2008 12:25 PM, Pete wrote:
    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> Maybe this link will help
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:H...ng_DVD_Support

    > No, no it was no help at all. Go away.

    That will continue to get you more help, well done...

    --
    David

  2. Re: libdvdcss

    "Pete" wrote in

    > "propman" wrote in message
    > news:Xns9B406442AF987propmhotmailcom@85.214.105.20 9...
    >> "Pete" wrote in news:TL0Mk.4110$x%.1508
    >> @nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:
    >>

    >>> "Roland Latour" wrote in message
    >>> news:kIednWVA05wGH2LVnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@posted.caven etllc...

    >>> Didn't work.
    >>> Totem.
    >>> "an error occured. Could not read from resource"
    >>>

    >> Coming into this thread late........
    >>
    >> add the following line to your package installer (Synaptic, Adept
    >> etc) under the "Third Party Software" tab:
    >>
    >> "deb http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy free non-free"
    >>
    >> Refresh (reload) package list and then do a search for libdvdcss;
    >> version 1.2.9-2 should be available.
    >>

    >> VLC's site also has a deb package at:
    >>
    >> http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/1.2.9/deb/
    >>
    >> ......but for some reason, it would appear that it's not the current
    >> version : libdvdcss2_1.2.9-1_i386.deb
    >>

    > Didn't work.
    > Totem.
    > "an error occured. Could not read from resource"

    You're quite welcome......

    > Also, the file libdvdcss2 has that 2 in front of it.

    ......and you stated specifically that you didn't want the "2" file in
    your original message, did you?

    Oh, and BTW....take your own advice which you gave so freely to another
    participant here who tried to help you.......GO AWAY! *plonk*

  3. Re: libdvdcss

    Pete wrote:

    > "Wing" wrote in message
    >> On 10/22/2008 12:25 PM, Pete wrote:
    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> Maybe this link will help
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:H...ng_DVD_Support

    > No, no it was no help at all. Go away.

    You are really a stupid ****. I guess Dan was right in the first place.
    I should have never taken your side dip****.

  4. Re: libdvdcss

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:23:41 -0500, gregg wrote:

    >> No, no it was no help at all. Go away.

    > You are really a stupid ****. I guess Dan was right in the first place.
    > I should have never taken your side dip****.

    You are correct on all counts. There is a good lesson to be learned here,
    for all you lurkers and n00bs: Dan is right pretty much *every* time.
    Watch and learn.

  5. Re: libdvdcss

    Now there's the way to get help. What a ****head...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  6. Re: libdvdcss

    On 2008-10-23, Pete wrote:

    > "Pete" wrote in message
    >> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    > I did it! Not sure I could repeate it though.

    Because you are too ****ing dense? This isn't rocket science. Even
    someone with your 75 IQ should be able to get through it...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com
    time..." - Danny, American History X

  7. Re: libdvdcss

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:51:55 +0000, propman wrote:

    > "Pete" wrote in news:TL0Mk.4110$x%.1508
    > @nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:
    >

    >> "Roland Latour" wrote in message
    >> news:kIednWVA05wGH2LVnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@posted.caven etllc...

    >>> Two commands:
    >>>
    >>> wget -c http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/libd/libdvdcss/
    >>> libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb
    >>>
    >>> sudo dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.9-2medibuntu4_i386.deb

    >> Didn't work.
    >> Totem.
    >> "an error occured. Could not read from resource"
    >>

    > Coming into this thread late........
    >
    > add the following line to your package installer (Synaptic, Adept etc)
    > under the "Third Party Software" tab:
    >
    > "deb http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy free non-free"
    >
    > Refresh (reload) package list and then do a search for libdvdcss;
    > version 1.2.9-2 should be available.

    Is there perhaps a list of these 3rd party repositories somewhere?

    I find myself more often seeking programs from them and it's not always
    apparent where the repositories are that I need to add.

    Thank you.

  8. Re: libdvdcss

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:27:13 -0500, Nico wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:51:55 +0000, propman wrote:
    >
    >>> "deb http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy free non-free"

    >> Refresh (reload) package list and then do a search for libdvdcss;
    >> version 1.2.9-2 should be available.
    >>

    > Is there perhaps a list of these 3rd party repositories somewhere?
    >
    > I find myself more often seeking programs from them and it's not always
    > apparent where the repositories are that I need to add.

    Don't know of anything off-hand (maybe do a Google) and wouldn't have
    even known about medibuntu if not for Ann K.'s posting (thanks Ann!). :-)

  9. Re: libdvdcss

    Joe illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 2008-10-23, Pete wrote:
    >>
    >> "Wing" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Maybe this link will help
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:H...ng_DVD_Support

    >> No, no it was no help at all. Go away.
    >>

    > Now there's the way to get help. What a ****head...

    This "Pete" prune has been popping up in here for around 2 years.
    Differing email addresses, but the same ridiculous questions and
    insane comments.

    I wonder why so many people have been giving him the time of day.

    Perhaps that's a failing in the Ubuntu community!

    --
    "How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand." ~ Emo
    Philips

  10. Re: libdvdcss

    On 2008-10-24, Moog wrote:

    > This "Pete" prune has been popping up in here for around 2 years.
    > Differing email addresses, but the same ridiculous questions and
    > insane comments.
    >
    > I wonder why so many people have been giving him the time of day.
    >
    > Perhaps that's a failing in the Ubuntu community!

    Yup. Overall, too damned nice... ;-)

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com
    time..." - Danny, American History X

  11. Re: libdvdcss

    Joe illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 2008-10-24, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >> This "Pete" prune has been popping up in here for around 2 years.
    >> Differing email addresses, but the same ridiculous questions and
    >> insane comments.
    >>
    >> I wonder why so many people have been giving him the time of day.
    >>
    >> Perhaps that's a failing in the Ubuntu community!
    >>

    > Yup. Overall, too damned nice... ;-)

    That's it. I'm going to go all "Dan C" in future. ;-)

    --
    "I was with this girl the other night and from the way she was
    responding to my skillful caresses, you would have sworn that she was

  12. Re: libdvdcss

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 06:21:21 +0000, Moog wrote:

    >>> This "Pete" prune has been popping up in here for around 2 years.
    >>> Differing email addresses, but the same ridiculous questions and
    >>> insane comments.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder why so many people have been giving him the time of day.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps that's a failing in the Ubuntu community!

    >> Yup. Overall, too damned nice... ;-)

    > That's it. I'm going to go all "Dan C" in future. ;-)

    Good idea. If you noticed, I spotted Pete for a troll, and called it out
    publicly, several days ago. Learn to believe what I say and you'll do
    better.

  13. Re: libdvdcss

    Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Yup. Overall, too damned nice... ;-)

    >> That's it. I'm going to go all "Dan C" in future. ;-)

    > Good idea. If you noticed, I spotted Pete for a troll, and called it out
    > publicly, several days ago. Learn to believe what I say and you'll do
    > better.

    Dan, you are a self professed leader of men. Well done.

    --
    Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to wear ear plugs. ~ Spike
    Milligan

  14. Re: libdvdcss

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:31:43 -0500, Joe wrote:

    > On 2008-10-23, Pete wrote:
    >>
    >> "Pete" wrote in message
    >>> How do I get and install libdvdcss on my Ubuntu machine?

    >> I did it! Not sure I could repeate it though.
    >>

    > Because you are too ****ing dense? This isn't rocket science. Even
    > someone with your 75 IQ should be able to get through it...

    My 2 cents is this web site.
    Be sure you know the version you are using and be sure you scroll down to
    the command that gives you the line to add the GPG key.

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

    I am Klutzier than most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2