Linux/Ubuntu 8.04: can't network (ping) from Ubuntu to Windows - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux/Ubuntu 8.04: can't network (ping) from Ubuntu to Windows - Ubuntu ; * Adam wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: [...] > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file > > Be sure to use a reputable HOSTS file. > You've been warned ... > > > Who has? Mikes has been around for years and I have been using ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Linux/Ubuntu 8.04: can't network (ping) from Ubuntu to Windows

    * Adam wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    [...]

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
    >
    > Be sure to use a reputable HOSTS file.
    > You've been warned ...

    Who has? Mikes has been around for years and I have been using it almost as
    long without issue. YMMV.

    --
    David

  2. Re: Linux/Ubuntu 8.04: can't network (ping) from Ubuntu to Windows

    "SINNER" wrote in message
    news:Xns9B4097339A963louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130...
    > * Adam wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    > [...]
    >

    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
    > >
    > > Be sure to use a reputable HOSTS file.
    > > You've been warned ...
    > >

    > Who has? Mikes has been around for years and I have been using it almost as
    > long without issue. YMMV.
    >
    > --
    > David

    Anyone choosing a HOSTS file to download and install.
    Just thought my recommendation ought to come with
    a warning (independent of your post), which I forgot.

    Thanks for letting people know that other options are available.

  3. Re: Linux/Ubuntu 8.04: can't network (ping) from Ubuntu to Windows

    * Adam wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > "SINNER" wrote in message
    > news:Xns9B4097339A963louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130...
    >> * Adam wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>

    >> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
    >> >
    >> > Be sure to use a reputable HOSTS file.
    >> > You've been warned ...
    >> >

    >> Who has? Mikes has been around for years and I have been using it
    >> almost as long without issue. YMMV.
    >>

    > Anyone choosing a HOSTS file to download and install.
    > Just thought my recommendation ought to come with
    > a warning (independent of your post), which I forgot.
    >
    > Thanks for letting people know that other options are available.

    Got ya! an No Problemo

    --
    David

+ Reply to Thread