How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit? - Ubuntu ; Sidney Lambe writes: > Why do all these stupid and dishonest losers with a 1000 names > apiece want to believe I'm some bogeyman from the usenet's past? > Why do they think that I or anyone else cares about ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit?

    Sidney Lambe writes:

    > Why do all these stupid and dishonest losers with a 1000 names
    > apiece want to believe I'm some bogeyman from the usenet's past?
    > Why do they think that I or anyone else cares about the subject
    > or what people with zero credibility think?
    >
    > "Maxwell Lol" wasn't even posting on the usenet when that character
    > was around. Not even close. He's only got 1450 posts.
    >
    > I've been on the usenet longer than he has.

    Hello, old-timer..........

    > Or rather, longer than this troll has been using the name "Maxwell Lol".

    That's interesting Sidney - a quick peek at Google groups only shows
    *you* posting since June 2008.

    > If only my enemies in the real world were as incompetent and
    > pathetic as this fellow.

    > Do you realize that this makes over 80 of your aliases I've killfiled?

    We were talking about the real world here, right?

    atb

    Glyn
    --
    RTFM http://www.tldp.org/index.html
    GAFC http://slackbook.org/ The Official Source :-)

  2. Re: How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit?

    On 2008-10-21, Maxwell Lol wrote:

    > Let me look at my Alan Connor Troll Detection Checklist.
    >
    > Sidney Lambe writes:
    >
    >> I'd bet a lot that you are ignoramus[0-9]*, ad infinitum.

    > Accusation of sock puppets. Check.
    >
    >> You post most often on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

    > Looking into the google groups profile. Check.
    >
    >> Thanks for proving my point. And giving me another addition to
    >> my killfile that will help keep the **** out of my downloads.

    > Public announcement of killfile entry. Check.
    >
    > That's Alan Connors!!! I guess you FINALLY were forced to admit your
    > Challenge/respose anti-spam "mail" system sucks.
    >
    > And rather than eat crow, you changed your name.....

    Thank you for uncovering such a disgusting loser!
    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  3. Re: How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit?

    Ignoramus24384 wrote:

    Just to add my 2c worth to the ORIGINAL problem.

    1/. I think your workaround is perfectly satisfactory, as a first step
    and a simple step to doing the traffic shaping that you want. Its been
    fast, and it is reliable. This is good use of time.

    2/. However it does not - as others have pointed out - represent the
    best long term solution.

    - its quite possible that someone will come long upgrade that linux and
    remove this strange mod. Even if its well documented.

    - its a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

    - its box specific, rather than traffic/application specific.

    - it unnecessarily restrictive if the bx CAN use the bandwidth cos
    nothing else is.

    I am not clear on what your boundary router is or if it is something you
    have administrative control over. But that is the place where -
    assuming its a Cisco, or like one - you should be applying centralised
    traffic management by whatever algorithm suits the overall company
    business best.

    3/. I don't give a fsck about your signature, about netiquette or top
    posting. What counts is whether or not your post was clear, and whether
    the responses were adequate. This is a technical newsgroup, an the
    answers hang around for posterity. The SPIRIT of Linux, and Usenet
    (never the LAW) is that it should be overall beneficial to the
    community it putatively serves.

    Peole whose sole contribution over a period amounts to no more than nit
    picking pedantry, vicious ad hominem attacks and general patronage, have
    their place, but there is no need to respond to them.

  4. Re: How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit?

    Sidney "Alan Connor" Lambe writes:

    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au...2008&safe=off&

    Sockpuppet accusations. Check.

    > Why do all these stupid and dishonest losers with a 1000 names
    > apiece want to believe I'm some bogeyman from the usenet's past?

    Here's another Alan Connor's character. When multiple people complain
    about his character flaws, it's not because they all form separate
    opinions. Instead, it's a single person with thousands of names.

    Alan can admit that is ONE idiot thinks he's a troll, but refuses to
    realize that thousands of people feel that way. After all, with Alan's
    ego, this in inconceivable.

    > I've been on the usenet longer than he has.
    >
    > Or rather, longer than this troll has been using the name "Maxwell Lol".

    A great demonstration of your inability to recognize a troll.
    Which is why you are unable to recognize your own character flaws.

    > If only my enemies in the real world were as incompetent and
    > pathetic as this fellow.

    Personal attack. Check!

    And I forgot to mention Alan Connor's bug-in-the-ass about
    netiquette. Such as him posting long tirades about long signatures,
    to the point that his Briebardt index rises above spam levels.

    And Alan Connor's tirade about certain types of technology. He rarely
    shares his "super elite" code because it will be obvious that he is a
    terrible software writer. So he rants and rails about technology, to
    the point of being obsessive.

    It used to be his elite mail anti-spam system.
    And now KDE is his favorite tirade.
    Watch him ignore factual criticisms of his technology rants.
    It's easier to attack the person than facts.

    > So Dan C, how's it going? You ever going to get a life?

    Again - he is unable to understand that more than ONE person thinks
    he's a troll.

    > Nobody does. If you had any credibility you wouldn't have to change
    > your name like a whore changes her panties.

    It's interesting to note that when people insult another, they always
    use phrases that they personally would find hurtful if someone called them that.

    So it's interesting that Alan Connor, famous for changing his names when
    people killfile him, uses such a phrase.

    > Do you realize that this makes over 80 of your aliases I've killfiled?

    Alan always publicly announce entries into his kill file. But like a
    crack addict, he just can't help himself from reading responses from
    people he killfiled.

    Alan is addicted to the flames he creates. He's not interested in factual discussion.
    He'd rather feed the flames.

  5. Re: How to change eth0 from Gigabit to 100 MBit?

    On 2008-10-21, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
    > Ignoramus24384 wrote:
    >>

    > Just to add my 2c worth to the ORIGINAL problem.
    >
    > 1/. I think your workaround is perfectly satisfactory, as a first step
    > and a simple step to doing the traffic shaping that you want. Its been
    > fast, and it is reliable. This is good use of time.

    Makes sense. If I could set speed per socket, that woul dbe even
    better, but even just limiting myself to 100 mbps should work.

    > 2/. However it does not - as others have pointed out - represent the
    > best long term solution.
    >
    > - its quite possible that someone will come long upgrade that linux and
    > remove this strange mod. Even if its well documented.

    It is in root' crontab, which is in CVS etc.

    > - its a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

    Agree

    > - its box specific, rather than traffic/application specific.
    >
    > - it unnecessarily restrictive if the bx CAN use the bandwidth cos
    > nothing else is.
    >
    > I am not clear on what your boundary router is or if it is something you
    > have administrative control over. But that is the place where -
    > assuming its a Cisco, or like one - you should be applying centralised
    > traffic management by whatever algorithm suits the overall company
    > business best.

    Our network guys do not like this and I personally sort of agree with
    them, too much trouble potential.

    > 3/. I don't give a fsck about your signature, about netiquette or top
    > posting. What counts is whether or not your post was clear, and whether
    > the responses were adequate. This is a technical newsgroup, an the
    > answers hang around for posterity. The SPIRIT of Linux, and Usenet
    > (never the LAW) is that it should be overall beneficial to the
    > community it putatively serves.

    I agree and never cared a bit about that worthless subhuman turd Alan
    Connor, or Sidney or whatever else.

    > Peole whose sole contribution over a period amounts to no more than nit
    > picking pedantry, vicious ad hominem attacks and general patronage, have
    > their place, but there is no need to respond to them.

    Definitely no need to reason with people who are so dumb and lack
    proper focus.
    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

+ Reply to Thread