dosbox - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on dosbox - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:16:27 +1200, David wrote: > how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio > software.. Could you be just a little more vague and general, please? I'd suggest ...

  1. Re: dosbox

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:16:27 +1200, David wrote:

    > how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio
    > software..

    Could you be just a little more vague and general, please?

    I'd suggest you start by reading some documentation, probably dosbox docs
    would be a good first step.

    You didn't think of that?

  2. Re: dosbox

    David wrote in news:48f9631b$1@news.orcon.net.nz:

    > how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio
    > software..
    >
    > David

    Might want to take a look at the following sites to see they have relevent
    info:

    http://ka1fsb.home.att.net/

    http://www.febo.com/packet/linux-ax25/index.html

  3. Re: dosbox

    David wrote in news:48f9631b$1@news.orcon.net.nz:

    > how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio
    > software..
    >
    > David

    ......forgot last message.....have you searched with synaptic for "packet
    radio"? There are some packages available including one that apparently
    uses any supported sound card for packet radio.

  4. dosbox

    how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio
    software..

    David

  5. Re: dosbox

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 05:11:22 +0000, propman wrote:

    > David wrote in
    >
    >> how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio
    >> software..
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    > .....forgot last message.....have you searched with synaptic for "packet
    > radio"? There are some packages available including one that apparently
    > uses any supported sound card for packet radio.

    i am using old PK-88 modem and PK88 dos software.

  6. Re: dosbox

    David wrote in

    > On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 05:11:22 +0000, propman wrote:
    >
    >> David wrote in
    >>
    >>> how do i setup a serial port 1 in dosbox to work with packet radio
    >>> software..
    >>>
    >>> David
    >>>

    >> .....forgot last message.....have you searched with synaptic for
    >> "packet radio"? There are some packages available including one that
    >> apparently uses any supported sound card for packet radio.

    > i am using old PK-88 modem and PK88 dos software.

    FWIW, a quick google shows that modem will work with other terminal
    programs beside pk88 specific software....if that's the case, and you
    don't have any specific reason for using the pk88 dos software, you
    should be able to run it natively inside linux rather than use dosbox
    emulatation.

    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO.html

    If your only option is to run dosbox, then it would appear that you set
    the modems parameters for a dosbox session in the "dosbox.conf" file as
    per the following example from:

    http://www.astahost.com/info.php/dos...tor_t2738.html

    [modem]
    # modem -- Enable virtual modem emulation.
    # comport -- COM Port modem is connected to.
    # listenport -- TCP Port the modem listens on for incoming connections.

    modem=false
    comport=2
    listenport=23

    [directserial]
    # directserial -- Enable serial passthrough support.
    # comport -- COM Port inside DOSBox.
    # realport -- COM Port on the Host.
    # defaultbps -- Default BPS.
    # parity -- Parity of the packets. This can be N, E or O.
    # bytesize -- Size of each packet. This can be 5 or 8.
    # stopbit -- The number of stopbits. This can be 1 or 2.

    directserial=false
    comport=1
    realport=COM1
    defaultbps=1200
    parity=N
    bytesize=8
    stopbit=1

    Once you have the dosbox.conf file setup, I would imagine it's just a
    case of starting a dosbox session and loading your dos terminal software
    (via floppy???). :-)

+ Reply to Thread