checkinstall: run script after installation - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on checkinstall: run script after installation - Ubuntu ; How could I create a package using checkinstall that would run a script after installing all files? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ ...

  1. checkinstall: run script after installation

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.6

  2. Re: checkinstall: run script after installation

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > How could I create a package using checkinstall that would run a script
    > after installing all files?

    Sounds like you first need to read the Debian policy documentation on
    making packages. Anyway, here are some links I found helpful, you'll
    have to do your own digging. If I'm off-base from what you want, mucho
    apology.

    http://debathena.mit.edu/packaging/
    https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packa...c-scratch.html
    http://www.zoxx.net/notes/index.php/...g-buildpackage
    http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-m.../msg18893.html
    http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/col...pkg-guide.html

    --
    Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half
    as good. Luckily this is not difficult.

  3. Re: checkinstall: run script after installation

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> How could I create a package using checkinstall that would run a script
    >> after installing all files?

    > Sounds like you first need to read the Debian policy documentation on
    > making packages. Anyway, here are some links I found helpful, you'll
    > have to do your own digging. If I'm off-base from what you want, mucho
    > apology.
    >
    > http://debathena.mit.edu/packaging/
    > http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/337
    > https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packa...c-scratch.html
    > http://www.zoxx.net/notes/index.php/...g-buildpackage
    > http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-m.../msg18893.html
    > http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/col...pkg-guide.html

    Thanks. I took the time and finally noticed something in the README,
    section 2.4:

    http://www.asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/c...ll/docs/README

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.6
    ^ ^ 10:54:01 up 22:00 4 users load average: 1.00 1.01 1.00
    *ɶU! BF! ! ! T! ۱! ЦҼ{ (CSSA):