Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows - Ubuntu ; On my Ubuntu/Windows multi-boot system, the clock gets thrown way out of sync when booting into Windows after Ubuntu. What gives? I have to adjust the clock every time I boot into Windows after Ubuntu. What do I need to ...

  1. Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows

    On my Ubuntu/Windows multi-boot system,
    the clock gets thrown way out of sync when
    booting into Windows after Ubuntu. What gives?
    I have to adjust the clock every time I boot into
    Windows after Ubuntu. What do I need to do to fix this?

  2. Re: Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:19:04 -0700, Adam wrote:

    > On my Ubuntu/Windows multi-boot system, the clock gets thrown way out of
    > sync when booting into Windows after Ubuntu. What gives? I have to
    > adjust the clock every time I boot into Windows after Ubuntu. What do I
    > need to do to fix this?

    MS systems store time as local. Normally, Linux installs default to GMT -
    if your time is off by 5,6,7 hours or something like that, depending on
    where you live, then that is the problem. All you need to do in that case
    is adjust your Linux install to use local time.

  3. Re: Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:19:04 -0700, Adam wrote:

    > On my Ubuntu/Windows multi-boot system,
    > the clock gets thrown way out of sync when
    > booting into Windows after Ubuntu. What gives?
    > I have to adjust the clock every time I boot into
    > Windows after Ubuntu. What do I need to do to fix this?

    Stop booting into Windows?

    --
    MarkA
    Keeper of the Butter Dish of Balshazar

  4. Re: Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows

    "MarkA" wrote in message newsan.2008.10.15.20.08.28.240802@nowhere.com...
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:19:04 -0700, Adam wrote:
    >
    > > On my Ubuntu/Windows multi-boot system,
    > > the clock gets thrown way out of sync when
    > > booting into Windows after Ubuntu. What gives?
    > > I have to adjust the clock every time I boot into
    > > Windows after Ubuntu. What do I need to do to fix this?

    > Stop booting into Windows?
    >
    > --
    > MarkA
    > Keeper of the Butter Dish of Balshazar

    Yeah, okay, I'm working on it. Can't you tell?

  5. Re: Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:35:13 -0700, Adam wrote:

    > "MarkA" wrote in message newsan.2008.10.15.20.08.28.240802@nowhere.com...
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:19:04 -0700, Adam wrote:
    >>
    >> > On my Ubuntu/Windows multi-boot system,
    >> > the clock gets thrown way out of sync when
    >> > booting into Windows after Ubuntu. What gives?
    >> > I have to adjust the clock every time I boot into
    >> > Windows after Ubuntu. What do I need to do to fix this?

    >> Stop booting into Windows?
    >>
    >> --
    >> MarkA
    >> Keeper of the Butter Dish of Balshazar
    >>

    > Yeah, okay, I'm working on it. Can't you tell?

    It's amazing how many computer problems disappear if you follow that one
    simple rule: don't boot Windows.

    --
    MarkA
    Keeper of the Butter Dish of Balshazar

  6. Re: Linux/Ubuntu: throws clock way out of sync for Windows

    In article , MarkA wrote:
    >On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:35:13 -0700, Adam wrote:
    >> "MarkA" wrote in message

    > newsan.2008.10.15.20.08.28.240802@nowhere.com...

    >>> Stop booting into Windows?

    >> Yeah, okay, I'm working on it. Can't you tell?

    >It's amazing how many computer problems disappear if you follow that one
    >simple rule: don't boot Windows.

    ... or use the other definition of the verb, 'to boot' instead ?

+ Reply to Thread