Firefox sometimes does not offer to remember passwords - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Firefox sometimes does not offer to remember passwords - Ubuntu ; I use the "save password" feature of Firefox quite often. However, there are websites where this feature just DOES NOT WORK and despite a password prompt and logon, Firefox does not even offer to save the password, as if it ...

  1. Firefox sometimes does not offer to remember passwords

    I use the "save password" feature of Firefox quite often.

    However, there are websites where this feature just DOES NOT WORK and
    despite a password prompt and logon, Firefox does not even offer to
    save the password, as if it did not realize that I just supplied a
    password.

    One such example is ameritrade.com, but there are many others. I do
    not even know where to start looking. Thanks

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  2. Re: Firefox sometimes does not offer to remember passwords

    On 2008-10-15, Ignoramus17346 wrote:
    > I use the "save password" feature of Firefox quite often.
    >
    > However, there are websites where this feature just DOES NOT WORK and
    > despite a password prompt and logon, Firefox does not even offer to
    > save the password, as if it did not realize that I just supplied a
    > password.
    >
    > One such example is ameritrade.com, but there are many others. I do
    > not even know where to start looking. Thanks

    I found a good article about it

    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...auto-complete/

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  3. Re: Firefox sometimes does not offer to remember passwords

    In comp.os.linux.misc Ignoramus17346 wrote:

    > On 2008-10-15, Ignoramus17346 wrote:
    >> I use the "save password" feature of Firefox quite often.
    >>
    >> However, there are websites where this feature just DOES NOT WORK and
    >> despite a password prompt and logon, Firefox does not even offer to
    >> save the password, as if it did not realize that I just supplied a
    >> password.
    >>
    >> One such example is ameritrade.com, but there are many others. I do
    >> not even know where to start looking. Thanks
    >>

    > I found a good article about it
    >
    > http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...auto-complete/

    After reading that article I thought that this was a perfect application
    for a Greasemonkey script, so I searched userscripts.org for
    "autocomplete" and found these three:

    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6810
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/28696
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7347

    I haven't tried any of them yet because I haven't encountered a site
    recently that wouldn't save my password.

    --
    Gary Johnson

  4. Re: Firefox sometimes does not offer to remember passwords

    On 16 Oct 2008 06:10:30 GMT, Gary Johnson wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.misc Ignoramus17346 wrote:
    >>
    >> On 2008-10-15, Ignoramus17346 wrote:
    >>> I use the "save password" feature of Firefox quite often.
    >>>
    >>> However, there are websites where this feature just DOES NOT WORK and
    >>> despite a password prompt and logon, Firefox does not even offer to
    >>> save the password, as if it did not realize that I just supplied a
    >>> password.
    >>>
    >>> One such example is ameritrade.com, but there are many others. I do
    >>> not even know where to start looking. Thanks
    >>>

    >> I found a good article about it
    >>
    >> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...auto-complete/

    > After reading that article I thought that this was a perfect application
    > for a Greasemonkey script, so I searched userscripts.org for
    > "autocomplete" and found these three:
    >
    > http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6810
    > http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/28696
    > http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7347
    >
    > I haven't tried any of them yet because I haven't encountered a site
    > recently that wouldn't save my password.

    See this for the bookmarklet way:

+ Reply to Thread