PPTP via WIFI - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on PPTP via WIFI - Ubuntu ; I have downloaded the pptp utility via synaptic. The network configuration utility has attached it to my ethernet NIC and not my wifi USB adapter. I have searched various config files to see if I can change it but have ...

  1. PPTP via WIFI

    I have downloaded the pptp utility via synaptic.

    The network configuration utility has attached it to my ethernet NIC and
    not my wifi USB adapter.

    I have searched various config files to see if I can change it but have
    not found the setting.

    I assume somewhere I have to alter eth0 to wlan0 but am not sure where.

    Appreciate any pointers as the MAN page doesn't appear to mention
    changing adapters.

    Geoff Lane

  2. Re: PPTP via WIFI

    Geoff Lane wrote:
    > I have downloaded the pptp utility via synaptic.
    >
    > The network configuration utility has attached it to my ethernet NIC
    > and not my wifi USB adapter.
    >
    > I have searched various config files to see if I can change it but
    > have not found the setting.
    >
    > I assume somewhere I have to alter eth0 to wlan0 but am not sure where.
    >
    > Appreciate any pointers as the MAN page doesn't appear to mention
    > changing adapters.
    >
    > Geoff Lane

    Which man page?

    Have you tried ip(8) to see if it has what will work?

    --
    John

  3. Re: PPTP via WIFI

    Geoff Lane wrote in

    > I have downloaded the pptp utility via synaptic.
    >
    > The network configuration utility has attached it to my ethernet NIC
    > and not my wifi USB adapter.
    >
    > I have searched various config files to see if I can change it but
    > have not found the setting.
    >
    > I assume somewhere I have to alter eth0 to wlan0 but am not sure
    > where.
    >
    > Appreciate any pointers as the MAN page doesn't appear to mention
    > changing adapters.
    >
    > Geoff Lane

    Seeing as how noone else has chimed in.........did a quick google on
    this topic and ran across the following references:

    <http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-...ra-linux-pptp-
    client.html>

    <http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-conn...n-server-pptp-
    with-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon.html>