Linux/Ubuntu Thunderbird: shows USENET newsgroup/folder names inshort notation - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux/Ubuntu Thunderbird: shows USENET newsgroup/folder names inshort notation - Ubuntu ; Is it possible to make Thunderbird display the full newsgroup name? I want to see "alt.os.linux.ubuntu" (not "a.o.l.ubuntu")....

  1. Linux/Ubuntu Thunderbird: shows USENET newsgroup/folder names inshort notation

    Is it possible to make Thunderbird display the full newsgroup name?
    I want to see "alt.os.linux.ubuntu" (not "a.o.l.ubuntu").

  2. Re: Linux/Ubuntu Thunderbird: shows USENET newsgroup/folder namesin short notation

    On 10/11/2008 05:15 PM Adam scribbled:

    > Is it possible to make Thunderbird display the full newsgroup name?
    > I want to see "alt.os.linux.ubuntu" (not "a.o.l.ubuntu").

    there's a setting in the config file I believe
    edit>preferences>advanced>
    config editor box, lower right...

    Then see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Showing_fu..._of_newsgroups

  3. Re: Linux/Ubuntu Thunderbird: shows USENET newsgroup/folder namesin short notation

    jrg wrote:
    > On 10/11/2008 05:15 PM Adam scribbled:
    >
    >> Is it possible to make Thunderbird display the full newsgroup name?
    >> I want to see "alt.os.linux.ubuntu" (not "a.o.l.ubuntu").
    >>

    > there's a setting in the config file I believe
    > edit>preferences>advanced>
    > config editor box, lower right...
    >
    > Then see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Showing_fu..._of_newsgroups

    Thanks! It would have taken me forever to
    find that on my own since it is not at all intuitive.

+ Reply to Thread