OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch - Ubuntu ; Posters on a freeware list I'm on announce that OpenOffice 3.0 final will be ready for download on Monday. Great news! I've looked at the Windows version and it looks like it's a bit better in several ways. The database ...

  1. OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    Posters on a freeware list I'm on announce that OpenOffice 3.0 final will
    be ready for download on Monday. Great news! I've looked at the Windows
    version and it looks like it's a bit better in several ways. The
    database still sucks, of course.

    I'll be looking for them to announce a repository from which we can
    install the new version.

  2. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    "Jeffrey Needle" wrote in message
    > Posters on a freeware list I'm on announce that OpenOffice 3.0 final will
    > be ready for download on Monday. Great news! I've looked at the Windows
    > version and it looks like it's a bit better in several ways. The
    > database still sucks, of course.
    >
    > I'll be looking for them to announce a repository from which we can
    > install the new version.

    It availiable !
    http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/p...&culture=en-US

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  3. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    > It availiable !
    > http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/p...&culture=en-US

    Isn't it funny how Microsoft can make some of their site work with
    Firefox, and not others...

  4. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    "Colin Wilson" wrote
    in message news:MPG.235b24e2950af8319899f4@news.motzarella.or g...
    >> It availiable !
    >> http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/p...&culture=en-US

    > Isn't it funny how Microsoft can make some of their site work with
    > Firefox, and not others...

    Yeah, Firefox (-3) sucks.
    It's why I use IE7...seems to work everywhere.

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  5. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    > It's why I use IE7...seems to work everywhere.

    I think you'll find that the f*cking big security holes in IE are what
    makes it work on their website, not software that complies with
    standards.

  6. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    "Colin Wilson" wrote
    in message news:MPG.235b2f86a37545f29899f8@news.motzarella.or g...
    >> It's why I use IE7...seems to work everywhere.

    > I think you'll find that the f*cking big security holes in IE are what
    > makes it work on their website, not software that complies with
    > standards.

    Calm down, loser.
    If you'd install Vista, you'd be in a better mood.
    I was always pissed off using linux too.

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  7. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:48:26 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

    >> It's why I use IE7...seems to work everywhere.

    > I think you'll find that the f*cking big security holes in IE are what
    > makes it work on their website, not software that complies with
    > standards.

    Shut the f*ck up !

    Oops.

    My bad, accidently booted into a linux distro.
    Gets a person pissed to use such ,uhmmmm, what's the word...crap.

    Gotta go...the friggen bottom panel is disappearing in chunks.
    Yuck !

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  8. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    > If you'd install Vista, you'd be in a better mood.
    > I was always pissed off using linux too.

    I rather like linux - there's only one machine in the house that
    doesn't dual boot. Xubuntu is a pleasure to use.

    Perhaps the reason I seemed cheesed off was I was using a Microsoft OS
    at the time.

  9. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    "Colin Wilson" wrote
    in message news:MPG.235b3bdacaf701199899fb@news.motzarella.or g...
    >> If you'd install Vista, you'd be in a better mood.
    >> I was always pissed off using linux too.

    > I rather like linux - there's only one machine in the house that
    > doesn't dual boot. Xubuntu is a pleasure to use.
    >
    > Perhaps the reason I seemed cheesed off was I was using a Microsoft OS
    > at the time.

    Then you need a lobotomy.

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  10. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    "Christopher Hunter" wrote in message
    > Colin Wilson wrote:
    >
    >> I think you'll find that the f*cking big security holes in IE are what
    >> makes it work on their website, not software that complies with
    >> standards.

    > Only another 73 security flaws found in IE 7 last week. MS fix them at
    > the
    > rate of about two per week. IE 7 will be ready for serious use in (maybe)
    > 2026. Until then, the grown-ups will use /proper/ standards-compliant web
    > browsers, and leave Internet Exploiter to the intellectually stunted
    > Windoze knuckle-draggers.
    >
    > C.

    The knuckle-draggers rule.
    Best get your gorilla suit back from your wife.
    Your Mom's got one she can borrow.

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  11. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    Colin Wilson wrote:

    > I think you'll find that the f*cking big security holes in IE are what
    > makes it work on their website, not software that complies with
    > standards.

    Only another 73 security flaws found in IE 7 last week. MS fix them at the
    rate of about two per week. IE 7 will be ready for serious use in (maybe)
    2026. Until then, the grown-ups will use /proper/ standards-compliant web
    browsers, and leave Internet Exploiter to the intellectually stunted
    Windoze knuckle-draggers.

    C.

  12. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:41:00 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

    > I rather like linux - there's only one machine in the house that doesn't
    > dual boot.

    Only 1 of my machines dual boots (WinME&Ubuntu). The other 2 only have
    Ubuntu.

  13. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:44:46 +0100, Phil Stovell
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:41:00 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:
    >
    >> I rather like linux - there's only one machine in the house that doesn't
    >> dual boot.

    >Only 1 of my machines dual boots (WinME&Ubuntu). The other 2 only have
    >Ubuntu.

    Interesting that you chose the worst version of windoze prior to
    vista.)

    ---
    "When the president does it that means that it is not illegal."
    -- Richard Nixon

  14. Re: OpenOffice 3.0 ready for launch

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:02:45 -0600, Roy Strachan wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:44:46 +0100, Phil Stovell
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:41:00 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:
    >>
    >>> I rather like linux - there's only one machine in the house that
    >>> doesn't dual boot.

    >>Only 1 of my machines dual boots (WinME&Ubuntu). The other 2 only have
    >>Ubuntu.

    > Interesting that you chose the worst version of windoze prior to vista.)

    It came with my trusty (and now rusty) Dell Dimension 8100.

    > ---
    > "When the president does it that means that it is not illegal."
    > -- Richard Nixon

+ Reply to Thread