Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty... - Ubuntu ; Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1 Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3 Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-( Recommendation or solution?... Thx csola...

  1. Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3

    Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-(
    Recommendation or solution?...

    Thx
    csola

  2. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    csola wrote:
    > Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    > Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3
    >
    > Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-(
    > Recommendation or solution?...
    >
    > Thx
    > csola

    tunapie
    caver1

  3. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    caver1 *rta:

    > tunapie

    Thx :-)

    csola

  4. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:58:59 +0200, csola wrote:

    > Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    > Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3
    >
    > Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-( Recommendation or solution?...
    >
    > Thx
    > csola

    I notice that the Shoutcast page has now changed with a new format. It
    also appears that shoutcast has also changed how the music is accessed.
    For example, I no longer can play Green Mist radio, a folk radio station.
    It appears to require a new codec. shoutcast also has some new plugin for
    winamp.

    I did try tunapie2 but it too is not finding the shoutcast site. Perhaps
    there is an update for it. Streamtuner has long lost shoutcast radio.

  5. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:05:21 -0400, caver1 wrote:

    > csola wrote:
    >> Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    >> Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3
    >>
    >> Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-( Recommendation or solution?...
    >>
    >> Thx
    >> csola

    > tunapie
    > caver1

    Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine to
    do that.

  6. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    LittleGorm wrote:
    LittleGorm wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:05:21 -0400, caver1 wrote:
    >
    >> csola wrote:
    >>> Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    >>> Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-( Recommendation or solution?...
    >>>
    >>> Thx
    >>> csola

    >> tunapie
    >> caver1

    > Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine to
    > do that.

    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:05:21 -0400, caver1 wrote:
    >
    >> csola wrote:
    >>> Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    >>> Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-( Recommendation or solution?...
    >>>
    >>> Thx
    >>> csola

    >> tunapie
    >> caver1

    > Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine to
    > do that.

    I'm listening to a jazz station right now.
    caver1

  7. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 19:40:14 -0400, caver1 wrote:

    > LittleGorm wrote:
    > LittleGorm wrote:

    >>> tunapie
    >>> caver1

    >> Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine
    >> to do that.

    >>> tunapie
    >>> caver1

    >> Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine
    >> to do that.

    > I'm listening to a jazz station right now. caver1

    Not what I asked, can you reload the shoutcast pages now. I had a
    smattering of old pages, perhaps 3 months ago when I used it last. But I
    suspect the current program might not be able to reach the new shoutcast
    pages.

  8. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    LittleGorm wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 19:40:14 -0400, caver1 wrote:
    >
    >> LittleGorm wrote:
    >> LittleGorm wrote:

    >>> Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine
    >>> to do that.

    >>> Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine
    >>> to do that.

    >> I'm listening to a jazz station right now. caver1

    > Not what I asked, can you reload the shoutcast pages now. I had a
    > smattering of old pages, perhaps 3 months ago when I used it last. But I
    > suspect the current program might not be able to reach the new shoutcast
    > pages.

    I'm still getting shoutcast with Exaile.
    And yes I did reload them on tunapie.
    Just tried again and reloaded and tuned into sky.
    caver1

  9. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    LittleGorm wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 19:40:14 -0400, caver1 wrote:
    >
    >> LittleGorm wrote:
    >> LittleGorm wrote:

    >>> Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine
    >>> to do that.

    >>> Does it actually download current shoutcast streams?? I can't get mine
    >>> to do that.

    >> I'm listening to a jazz station right now. caver1

    > Not what I asked, can you reload the shoutcast pages now. I had a
    > smattering of old pages, perhaps 3 months ago when I used it last. But I
    > suspect the current program might not be able to reach the new shoutcast
    > pages.

    Just went to Songbird and there was an update for the Shoutcast addon.
    So I installed it. Shoutcast addon version o.6.4.772.
    I am now loading and listening to Shoutcast in Songbird.
    caver1

  10. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...UPDATE

    caver1 wrote:
    > LittleGorm wrote:
    >> On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 19:40:14 -0400, caver1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> LittleGorm wrote:

    >>> I'm listening to a jazz station right now. caver1

    >> Not what I asked, can you reload the shoutcast pages now. I had a
    >> smattering of old pages, perhaps 3 months ago when I used it last. But
    >> I suspect the current program might not be able to reach the new
    >> shoutcast pages.

    > Just went to Songbird and there was an update for the Shoutcast addon.
    > So I installed it. Shoutcast addon version o.6.4.772.
    > I am now loading and listening to Shoutcast in Songbird.
    > caver1

    Just lost Shoutcast in Exaile and Tunapie but am still accessing it in
    Songbird.
    Lost it in StreamRipper quite awhile back.
    caver1

  11. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...UPDATE

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:08:02 +0000 (UTC), propman wrote:

    > caver1 wrote in
    >

    >> Just lost Shoutcast in Exaile and Tunapie but am still accessing it in
    >> Songbird.
    >> Lost it in StreamRipper quite awhile back.
    >> caver1
    >>

    > Just finished doing a lot of muttering under my breath (and not so much
    > under my breath) trying to get Tunapie and Steamripper to work, without
    > success, in fresh installs of each.....have downloaded Windows and Linux
    > versions of Songbird and be giving them a try later on tonight. Thanks for
    > the pointer to Songbird. :-)
    >

    > FWIW, VLC (also a new install here) will play Shoutcast but the interface,
    > IMHO, is a little on the weird/flakey side and doesn't currently allow
    > radio station bookmarks.

    Tunapie keeps crashing on me here under Hardy.
    It just disappears.
    Running from a cli shows segfaults.

  12. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...UPDATE

    propman wrote:

    > caver1 wrote in
    >

    > > Just lost Shoutcast in Exaile and Tunapie but am still accessing it in
    > > Songbird.
    > > Lost it in StreamRipper quite awhile back.
    > > caver1
    > >

    > Just finished doing a lot of muttering under my breath (and not so much
    > under my breath) trying to get Tunapie and Steamripper to work, without
    > success, in fresh installs of each.....have downloaded Windows and Linux
    > versions of Songbird and be giving them a try later on tonight. Thanks for
    > the pointer to Songbird. :-)
    >

    > FWIW, VLC (also a new install here) will play Shoutcast but the interface,
    > IMHO, is a little on the weird/flakey side and doesn't currently allow
    > radio station bookmarks.

    I'm playing Shoutcast with Alsaplayer.

    Artie

  13. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...UPDATE

    Arthur Engh wrote in
    news:20081006153055.44881f75.arthur.engh@online.no :

    > On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:08:02 +0000 (UTC)
    > propman wrote:
    >
    >> caver1 wrote in
    >>

    >> > Just lost Shoutcast in Exaile and Tunapie but am still accessing it
    >> > in Songbird.
    >> > Lost it in StreamRipper quite awhile back.
    >> > caver1
    >> >

    >> Just finished doing a lot of muttering under my breath (and not so
    >> much under my breath) trying to get Tunapie and Steamripper to work,
    >> without success, in fresh installs of each.....have downloaded
    >> Windows and Linux versions of Songbird and be giving them a try later
    >> on tonight. Thanks for the pointer to Songbird. :-)
    >>

    >> FWIW, VLC (also a new install here) will play Shoutcast but the
    >> interface, IMHO, is a little on the weird/flakey side and doesn't
    >> currently allow radio station bookmarks.
    >>

    > I'm playing Shoutcast with Alsaplayer.

    Update.....both linux and windows Songbird versions installed without
    any problems and seem to work well so far. Opted to grab the deb
    package from the following site for easier installation of the linux
    version:

    http://www.getdeb.net/

  14. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...UPDATE

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:21:50 +0000, propman wrote:

    > Arthur Engh wrote in
    > news:20081006153055.44881f75.arthur.engh@online.no :
    >
    >> On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:08:02 +0000 (UTC) propman
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> caver1 wrote in

    >>> Just finished doing a lot of muttering under my breath (and not so
    >>> much under my breath) trying to get Tunapie and Steamripper to work,
    >>> without success, in fresh installs of each.....have downloaded Windows
    >>> and Linux versions of Songbird and be giving them a try later on
    >>> tonight. Thanks for the pointer to Songbird. :-)
    >>>

    >>> FWIW, VLC (also a new install here) will play Shoutcast but the
    >>> interface, IMHO, is a little on the weird/flakey side and doesn't
    >>> currently allow radio station bookmarks.
    >>>

    >> I'm playing Shoutcast with Alsaplayer.
    >>

    > Update.....both linux and windows Songbird versions installed without
    > any problems and seem to work well so far. Opted to grab the deb
    > package from the following site for easier installation of the linux
    > version:
    >
    > http://www.getdeb.net/

    Just installed it and seems to work fine. I am going to give it a spin.
    thanks!

  15. Re: Exaile Music Player Shoutcast list is empty...

    LittleGorm wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:58:59 +0200, csola wrote:
    >
    >> Op. system: Hardy 8.04.1
    >> Exaile package version: 0.2.11.1-0ubuntu3
    >>
    >> Unfortunately on Streamtuner too... :-( Recommendation or solution?...
    >>
    >> Thx
    >> csola

    > I notice that the Shoutcast page has now changed with a new format. It
    > also appears that shoutcast has also changed how the music is accessed.
    > For example, I no longer can play Green Mist radio, a folk radio station.
    > It appears to require a new codec. shoutcast also has some new plugin for
    > winamp.
    >
    > I did try tunapie2 but it too is not finding the shoutcast site. Perhaps
    > there is an update for it. Streamtuner has long lost shoutcast radio.

    Shoutcast has undergone some changes....you need to edit your hosts file.
    Add this line: 205.188.234.120 www.shoutcast.com
    To do this you need to use sudo.

    fogcat

+ Reply to Thread