capture Cisco pix packets? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on capture Cisco pix packets? - Ubuntu ; Anything I can use other then having to use the capture command on the pix itself? -- Holz...

  1. capture Cisco pix packets?

    --
    Holz

  2. Re: capture Cisco pix packets?

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:36:13 -0700, Holz wrote:

    > Anything I can use other then having to use the capture command on the
    > pix itself?

    What is it that you're trying to do?

    By "capturing Cisco PIX packets" I assume you're looking to packet sniff
    data coming across your pix firewall? Are you looking to capture what
    comes through your private interface or your public interface? Are you
    posting this here because you'd like to use Ubuntu as your sniffer? If
    so, you'll want to set up and use Wireshark (just go to add/remove
    programs and install Wireshark).

  3. Re: capture Cisco pix packets?

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:53:29 +0000, Mike Bleiweiss wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:36:13 -0700, Holz wrote:
    >
    >> Anything I can use other then having to use the capture command on the
    >> pix itself?

    > What is it that you're trying to do?

    Capture DNS zone replication with the parent company

    > By "capturing Cisco PIX packets" I assume you're looking to packet sniff
    > data coming across your pix firewall? Are you looking to capture what
    > comes through your private interface or your public interface?

    Private
    Are you
    > posting this here because you'd like to use Ubuntu as your sniffer?

    Yes
    If
    > so, you'll want to set up and use Wireshark (just go to add/remove
    > programs and install Wireshark).

    Thank you.

    --
    Holz