Linux Will Destroy Your Hardware - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux Will Destroy Your Hardware - Ubuntu ; https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/000488.html "Reports have been coming in that the e1000e ethernet driver for Intel GigE chipsets, as included upstream in Linux 2.6.27, may under certain conditions irreparably damage your ethernet hardware by corrupting the on-board firmware." http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/116431...

  1. Linux Will Destroy Your Hardware

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/000488.html

    "Reports have been coming in that the e1000e ethernet driver for Intel GigE
    chipsets, as included upstream in Linux 2.6.27, may under certain conditions
    irreparably damage your ethernet hardware by corrupting the on-board
    firmware."

    http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/116431

  2. Re: Linux Will Destroy Your Hardware

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:37:23 -0600, Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:

    > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...announce/2008-

    September/000488.html

    > "Reports have been coming in that the e1000e ethernet driver for Intel
    > GigE chipsets, as included upstream in Linux 2.6.27, may under certain
    > conditions irreparably damage your ethernet hardware by corrupting the
    > on-board firmware."
    >

    > http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/116431

    Talk about false and misleading propaganda!! Since I don't HAVE an Intel
    ethernet shipset, how in hell is it going to be destroyed?

  3. Re: Linux Will Destroy Your Hardware

    Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/000488.html

    > "Reports have been coming in that the e1000e ethernet driver for Intel
    > GigE chipsets, as included upstream in Linux 2.6.27, may under certain
    > conditions irreparably damage your ethernet hardware by corrupting the
    > on-board firmware."
    >

    > http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/116431

    Old news. And talk about "Beta". You can, do you?
    --
    Computers are like air conditioners -
    they stop working properly when you open Windows

+ Reply to Thread