Dual boot: Arrows does not wo - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Dual boot: Arrows does not wo - Ubuntu ; From: "Redshoes" Subject: Dual boot: Arrows does not work Date: Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:45 AM I have XP and have downloaded Ubuntu, burned a CD, installed it. Now I get a dual boot option when booting: "Use arrows to ...

  1. Dual boot: Arrows does not wo

    From: "Redshoes"
    Subject: Dual boot: Arrows does not work
    Date: Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:45 AM

    I have XP and have downloaded Ubuntu, burned a CD, installed it. Now I get a
    dual boot option when booting: "Use arrows to choose XP or Ubuntu". However,
    my arrows do not work. I cannot move the cursor away from XP just one line
    down to Ubuntu! Can anyone help? redshoes702@yahoo.com

    ubuntu regognises almost no modern usb hardware.
    get a Windows PC

  2. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not wo

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:42:30 -0400, D. Eth wrote:

    > ubuntu regognises almost no modern usb hardware. get a Windows PC

    Not quite true - just got an AverMedia TV adaptor. It's supposed to be
    designed for XP and W2000. When I run it under W2000, it appears to scan
    channels OK, but as soon as it's asked to display a channel, it produces
    an illegal operation, and is bombed by the OS. Under Linux, it works
    perfectly.

    Keith

  3. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not wo

    "keith" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:42:30 -0400, D. Eth wrote:
    >

    >> ubuntu regognises almost no modern usb hardware. get a Windows PC

    > Not quite true - just got an AverMedia TV adaptor. It's supposed to be
    > designed for XP and W2000. When I run it under W2000, it appears to scan
    > channels OK, but as soon as it's asked to display a channel, it produces
    > an illegal operation, and is bombed by the OS. Under Linux, it works
    > perfectly.
    >
    > Keith

    desinged for W2000 ?
    forgot your wallet ?