Bluetooth sound on a Dell Inspiron Mini + Ubuntu 8.04?. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Bluetooth sound on a Dell Inspiron Mini + Ubuntu 8.04?. - Ubuntu ; Hi all. Dell Inspiron Mini is now available in Spain with Ubuntu 8.04 installed. I'm tempted to buy one. Since this little thing has a bluetooth chip I want to make sure I could use a bluetooth headpnone with it. ...

  1. Bluetooth sound on a Dell Inspiron Mini + Ubuntu 8.04?.

    Hi all.

    Dell Inspiron Mini is now available in Spain with Ubuntu 8.04 installed.
    I'm tempted to buy one.

    Since this little thing has a bluetooth chip I want to make sure I could
    use a bluetooth headpnone with it.

    Looking into Dell's website and using Google I haven't found an answer
    to this question.

    Is Dell Inspiron Mini bluetooth chip usable as a sound device?. Does it
    require extra configuration from the user to get bluetooth sound?. Only
    usable as a network interface or file transfer device?.

    Since they sell it with Ubuntu preloaded I suppose everything on this
    machine is somehow compatible with Linux. I'm not new to Linux, anyway.
    I have been fighting with SuSE "flavour" since its 6.4 version.

    Thanks in advance.

    J.L.Canales.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosdepepe/sets
    Veterinarians drive like animals !!.

  2. Re: Bluetooth sound on a Dell Inspiron Mini + Ubuntu 8.04?.

    "Mashulo Kunosho" wrote in message
    > Hi all.
    >
    > Dell Inspiron Mini is now available in Spain with Ubuntu 8.04 installed.
    > I'm tempted to buy one.
    >
    > Since this little thing has a bluetooth chip I want to make sure I could
    > use a bluetooth headpnone with it.
    >
    > Looking into Dell's website and using Google I haven't found an answer
    > to this question.
    >
    > Is Dell Inspiron Mini bluetooth chip usable as a sound device?. Does it
    > require extra configuration from the user to get bluetooth sound?. Only
    > usable as a network interface or file transfer device?.
    >
    > Since they sell it with Ubuntu preloaded I suppose everything on this
    > machine is somehow compatible with Linux. I'm not new to Linux, anyway.
    > I have been fighting with SuSE "flavour" since its 6.4 version.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > J.L.Canales.
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosdepepe/sets
    > Veterinarians drive like animals !!.

    Well, Dell's support of ubuntu includes sending you to the ubuntu forum.
    So, laugh's on you.
    Sucker !
    LOL

    Dell pawns you off !