Dual boot: Arrows does not work - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Dual boot: Arrows does not work - Ubuntu ; I have XP and have downloaded Ubuntu, burned a CD, installed it. Now I get a dual boot option when booting: "Use arrows to choose XP or Ubuntu". However, my arrows do not work. I cannot move the cursor away ...

  1. Dual boot: Arrows does not work

    I have XP and have downloaded Ubuntu, burned a CD, installed it. Now I get a
    dual boot option when booting: "Use arrows to choose XP or Ubuntu". However,
    my arrows do not work. I cannot move the cursor away from XP just one line
    down to Ubuntu! Can anyone help? redshoes702@yahoo.com

  2. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not work

    On 2008-09-28, Redshoes hit the keyboard and wrote:

    > I have XP and have downloaded Ubuntu, burned a CD, installed it. Now I get a
    > dual boot option when booting: "Use arrows to choose XP or Ubuntu". However,
    > my arrows do not work. I cannot move the cursor away from XP just one line
    > down to Ubuntu! Can anyone help? redshoes702@yahoo.com

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

    If you post to a newsgroup, be prepared to read the followup
    to your post (the answers) *IN* THE newsgroup.

    OK on what type of PC is this happening? Lap-Top or Desktop?
    But when you installed it, the keys were working? Could be
    when you installed it, you selected the wrong keyboard (or
    layout). When you put in the Ubuntu-CD and start it "live"
    do you still have the same problem?

    If not you could copy the created /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

    Don't hesitate to give more Information then help is just
    around the corner.... :-)

    Dragomir Kollaric
    --
    "When science discovers the center of the universe, a lot of
    people will be disappointed to find they are not it."
    >> Bernard Baily <<

  3. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not work

    Dragomir Kollaric wrote:

    > If not you could copy the created /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

    I think Redshoes is having a problem with the grub menu, so that is not
    relevent. Could it be some funny with a usb keyboard? I wonder if any of
    the keys work?

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

  4. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not work

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:42:46 +0100, Peter Chant wrote:

    > Dragomir Kollaric wrote:
    >

    >> If not you could copy the created /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

    > I think Redshoes is having a problem with the grub menu, so that is not
    > relevent. Could it be some funny with a usb keyboard? I wonder if any
    > of the keys work?
    >
    > Pete
    >
    > --
    > http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    If it is a USB Keyboard it may be that the bios settings need to be
    adjusted to insure that the keyboard is active when the menu comes up. A
    way to check this is by hitting your number lock or caps key and looking
    for the lights going on and off. Unfortunately, I do not remember exactly
    what the settings are, but you could poke around in the USB settings and
    I believe it is something in the neighborhood of enable legend usb. I
    could probably find it, but am a bit lazy this morning. Maybe someone
    else knows exactly what the setting would be? It's not hard to find cause
    I had to do it also.

  5. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not work

    "Redshoes" wrote in message
    news:48df51a1$0$15877$edfadb0f@dtext01.news.tele.d k...
    >I have XP and have downloaded Ubuntu, burned a CD, installed it. Now I get
    >a dual boot option when booting: "Use arrows to choose XP or Ubuntu".
    >However, my arrows do not work. I cannot move the cursor away from XP just
    >one line down to Ubuntu! Can anyone help? redshoes702@yahoo.com

    Get rid of that ubuntu BS.
    If you wanna type , get a typewriter.

    If you want a PC, get Windows.
    Use the PC you paid for.
    Or listen to these commie wackos

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  6. Re: Dual boot: Arrows does not work

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:14:12 +0000, gregg wrote:

    > If it is a USB Keyboard it may be that the bios settings need to be
    > adjusted to insure that the keyboard is active when the menu comes up.

    There's a BIOS setting in my machine for 'Enable legacy USB support' the
    OP should look to see if s/he has something similar.

+ Reply to Thread