virtualbox / boa constructor - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on virtualbox / boa constructor - Ubuntu ; Hello, I am running boa constructor (GUI IDE for wxPython) on an XP virtual machine (virtualbox) with Ubuntu as the host OS. My development files are in a shared folder (P:/ as far as XP is concerned). I can open ...

  1. virtualbox / boa constructor

    Hello,
    I am running boa constructor (GUI IDE for wxPython) on an XP
    virtual machine (virtualbox) with Ubuntu as the host OS. My development
    files are in a shared folder (P:/ as far as XP is concerned). I can
    open / edit / run files on the P drive without a problem in e.g. IDLE
    (the standard Python editor). If I attempt to open said files in Boa it
    hangs and I have to force virtualbox to quit. I can open other files in
    Boa (not on the shared drive) without issue. I'm not sure where best to
    ask for help with this, but I thought someone here might have hit a
    similar problem before and found a solution. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    Duncan

  2. Re: virtualbox / boa constructor

    > I am running boa constructor (GUI IDE for wxPython)
    > on an XP virtual machine (virtualbox) with Ubuntu
    > as the host OS.
    >
    > My development files are in a shared folder
    > (P:/ as far as XP is concerned).
    >
    > I can open / edit / run files on the P drive without a problem
    > in e.g. IDLE (the standard Python editor). If I attempt to open
    > said files in Boa it hangs and I have to force virtualbox to quit.
    >
    > I can open other files in Boa (not on the shared drive) without issue.
    >
    > I'm not sure where best to ask for help with this, but I thought
    > someone here might have hit a similar problem before and found a solution.

    Duncan ....

    You might try the wxPython mailing lists
    to see if anyone there might have experience
    using wxp under a vm environment ....

    http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

    --
    Stanley C. Kitching