ubuntu is no goot - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on ubuntu is no goot - Ubuntu ; Why can't ubuntu get NumLock right ? Suse can. That POS ubuntu can't get num lock to stick at boot. It's why I use Vista. It rocks. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/default.aspx try it. It always works. not once in a while. -- Ens ...

  1. ubuntu is no goot

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  2. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    D. Eth wrote:
    > Why can't ubuntu get NumLock right ?

    This part starts off with what could have been a reasonable question,
    except that you didn't do a very good job of asking it.

    > Suse can.
    > That POS ubuntu can't get num lock to stick at boot.

    Then you stick in some inflammatory words.

    > It's why I use Vista.
    > It rocks.

    Then you stick in some more.

    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/default.aspx
    >
    > try it.
    > It always works.
    > not once in a while.

    Worse and worse.

    So, the end result is that your post comes across as a troll rather than a
    question. Was that your intention? Did you have any interest in getting
    an Ub install to turn NumLock on?

    It's been a long time since I've had a linux distro give me any trouble
    with numlock.

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NumLock Enabling NumLock during startup
    and before login

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    "Mike Easter" wrote in message
    news:0KGdnbj_cJDw6UDVnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    > D. Eth wrote:
    >> Why can't ubuntu get NumLock right ?

    > This part starts off with what could have been a reasonable question,
    > except that you didn't do a very good job of asking it.
    >
    >> Suse can.
    >> That POS ubuntu can't get num lock to stick at boot.

    > Then you stick in some inflammatory words.
    >
    >> It's why I use Vista.
    >> It rocks.

    > Then you stick in some more.
    >
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/default.aspx
    >>
    >> try it.
    >> It always works.
    >> not once in a while.

    > Worse and worse.
    >
    > So, the end result is that your post comes across as a troll rather than a
    > question. Was that your intention? Did you have any interest in getting
    > an Ub install to turn NumLock on?
    >
    > It's been a long time since I've had a linux distro give me any trouble
    > with numlock.
    >
    > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NumLock Enabling NumLock during startup
    > and before login
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    It needs a link to enable numlock ?
    What a POS !
    good OS's do it.

    --
    Ens causa sui
    Fit caedes omnibus locis

  4. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    On 09/26/2008 04:50 PM D. Eth scribbled:

    > It needs a link to enable numlock ?
    > What a POS !
    > good OS's do it.

    something tells me you wouldn't know a good OS if it hit you in the head
    with a brick.

    now as for pos, you are apparently eminently qualified to identify one,
    since you seem to be one yourself...

  5. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:46:59 -0700, "Mike Easter"
    wrote:

    >D. Eth wrote:
    >> Why can't ubuntu get NumLock right ?

    >This part starts off with what could have been a reasonable question,
    >except that you didn't do a very good job of asking it.
    >
    >> Suse can.
    >> That POS ubuntu can't get num lock to stick at boot.

    >Then you stick in some inflammatory words.
    >
    >> It's why I use Vista.
    >> It rocks.

    >Then you stick in some more.
    >
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/default.aspx
    >>
    >> try it.
    >> It always works.
    >> not once in a while.

    >Worse and worse.
    >
    >So, the end result is that your post comes across as a troll rather than a
    >question. Was that your intention? Did you have any interest in getting
    >an Ub install to turn NumLock on?
    >
    >It's been a long time since I've had a linux distro give me any trouble
    >with numlock.
    >
    >https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NumLock Enabling NumLock during startup
    >and before login

    I think he is a troll. I installed Ubuntu on two machines in the past
    week, a desktop and a laptop, and neither had a problem with
    configuring the machine. i.e., NO num-lock problems.

    Bruce-in-Bangkok

  6. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

    > I think he is a troll.

    It's /definitely/ a troll - and not a very good one.

    > I installed Ubuntu on two machines in the past
    > week, a desktop and a laptop, and neither had a problem with
    > configuring the machine. i.e., NO num-lock problems.

    I just (yesterday) installed Ubuntu 8.04 on 30 machines - there were several
    different types - and all installed flawlessly. Hardware detection and
    configuration went without hitch, users were created, added and configured,
    networking set up, and the whole job took less than three hours. The
    machines had office software, email, Usenet and groupware - they were ready
    for business use.

    As a contrast, I had to install OEM Windows XP to a generic Dell box last
    week. Despite having the correct Dell drivers disk, it took (roughly) four
    hours and dozens of reboots. At that point, it was all installed but had
    no applications...

    There's no comparison any more.

    C.

  7. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
    >
    >> I think he is a troll.

    > It's /definitely/ a troll - and not a very good one.
    >
    >> I installed Ubuntu on two machines in the past
    >> week, a desktop and a laptop, and neither had a problem with
    >> configuring the machine. i.e., NO num-lock problems.

    > I just (yesterday) installed Ubuntu 8.04 on 30 machines - there were several
    > different types - and all installed flawlessly. Hardware detection and
    > configuration went without hitch, users were created, added and configured,
    > networking set up, and the whole job took less than three hours. The
    > machines had office software, email, Usenet and groupware - they were ready
    > for business use.
    >
    > As a contrast, I had to install OEM Windows XP to a generic Dell box last
    > week. Despite having the correct Dell drivers disk, it took (roughly) four
    > hours and dozens of reboots. At that point, it was all installed but had
    > no applications...
    >
    > There's no comparison any more.
    >
    > C.

    Hey wintard-troll, you shoud read this:

    http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/

    before start a flamewar.

    I'm happy with Ubuntu since 5.04. If you choose W$, then go on with it
    and live us alone, this is alt.os.linux.ubuntu not alt.os.w$.

    Regards.

  8. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

    .... snip about D.Eth ...

    > I think he is a troll. I installed Ubuntu on two machines in the
    > past week, a desktop and a laptop, and neither had a problem with
    > configuring the machine. i.e., NO num-lock problems.

    No!!! I would never have even imagined it.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  9. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    Tentyris wrote:

    > http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
    >
    > http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5118924882.html
    >
    > before start a flamewar.

    You need to learn how Usenet works! /I/ haven't used Windoze for almost 20
    years!

    C.

  10. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > You need to learn how Usenet works! /I/ haven't used Windoze for almost 20
    > years!
    >
    > C.

    There are a lot of things that i still need to learn

    I supose that you know who is the troll. Bruce and you told who is the
    troll. I didn't tell in any moment that you were...

    Regards.

  11. Re: ubuntu is no goot

    In article <0KGdnbj_cJDw6UDVnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@earthlink.com>, "Mike Easter" wrote:
    >D. Eth wrote:
    >> Why can't ubuntu get NumLock right ?

    >This part starts off with what could have been a reasonable question,
    >except that you didn't do a very good job of asking it.
    >
    >> Suse can.
    >> That POS ubuntu can't get num lock to stick at boot.

    >Then you stick in some inflammatory words.

    (snip)

    >So, the end result is that your post comes across as a troll rather than a
    >question. Was that your intention? Did you have any interest in getting
    >an Ub install to turn NumLock on?

    New troll Mike. You've probably worked that out already

+ Reply to Thread