Installer hangs Exception EMask (Ubuntu 8.04) / EH complete (Ubuntu8.10 Alpha 6) while installing to SATA-Drive - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Installer hangs Exception EMask (Ubuntu 8.04) / EH complete (Ubuntu8.10 Alpha 6) while installing to SATA-Drive - Ubuntu ; BUG: 274766 ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/274766 ) Hi all, I got a new harddrive and decided that this is a good point to install a fresh Ubuntu. Unfortunatly the ubuntu installer hangs. Using 8.04.1 and 8.04 I get the same error as ...

  1. Installer hangs Exception EMask (Ubuntu 8.04) / EH complete (Ubuntu8.10 Alpha 6) while installing to SATA-Drive

    BUG: 274766 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/274766)

    Hi all,

    I got a new harddrive and decided that this is a good point to install a
    fresh Ubuntu. Unfortunatly the ubuntu installer hangs.

    Using 8.04.1 and 8.04 I get the same error as in bug 223014

    ata2.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x2 frozen
    ata2.00: cmd a0/00:00:00:24...
    ata2.00: status: {DRDY}

    Using 8.10 Alpha 6 I get

    ata3: EH complete
    ata3: EH pending after 5 tries, giving up

    Both error messages repeats until I reset the computer.

    I tried disabling my floppy drive, acpi=off boot-option and irqpool boot
    option as decribed in different places. None of them worked for me.

    My setup:
    Mainboard A8N-E
    SATA DVD-Bruner and Harddisk

    Since this is quiet usual hardware I guess a lot ppl have the same problem.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Installer hangs Exception EMask (Ubuntu 8.04) / EH complete (Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 6) while installing to SATA-Drive

    "skevas" wrote in message
    > BUG: 274766 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/274766)
    >
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I got a new harddrive and decided that this is a good point to install a
    > fresh Ubuntu. Unfortunatly the ubuntu installer hangs.
    >
    > Using 8.04.1 and 8.04 I get the same error as in bug 223014
    >
    > ata2.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x2 frozen
    > ata2.00: cmd a0/00:00:00:24...
    > ata2.00: status: {DRDY}
    >
    > Using 8.10 Alpha 6 I get
    >
    > ata3: EH complete
    > ata3: EH pending after 5 tries, giving up
    >
    > Both error messages repeats until I reset the computer.
    >
    > I tried disabling my floppy drive, acpi=off boot-option and irqpool boot
    > option as decribed in different places. None of them worked for me.
    >
    > My setup:
    > Mainboard A8N-E
    > SATA DVD-Bruner and Harddisk
    >
    > Since this is quiet usual hardware I guess a lot ppl have the same
    > problem.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Install Vista.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/default.aspx