Installed Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on my new laptop - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Installed Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on my new laptop - Ubuntu ; I had this new Fujitsu laptop for 3 days, and installed Hardy first. Today I decided to install Intrepid by means of update-manager -d Everything went very smoothly. I do not think that I lost any functionality. (such as sound ...

  1. Installed Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on my new laptop

    I had this new Fujitsu laptop for 3 days, and installed Hardy
    first. Today I decided to install Intrepid by means of

    update-manager -d

    Everything went very smoothly. I do not think that I lost any
    functionality. (such as sound etc)

    My first impression is that it looks a lot like Hardy.

    My second impression is that it looks a lot like Hardy.

    My third impression is that things are relatively stable from what I
    have seen. I will not be updating this one too often to avoid
    breakage.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  2. Re: Installed Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on my new laptop

    Ignoramus18870 wrote:
    > I had this new Fujitsu laptop for 3 days, and installed Hardy
    > first. Today I decided to install Intrepid by means of
    >
    > update-manager -d
    >
    > Everything went very smoothly. I do not think that I lost any
    > functionality. (such as sound etc)
    >
    > My first impression is that it looks a lot like Hardy.
    >
    > My second impression is that it looks a lot like Hardy.

    My entire impression was that it looked *exactly* like Hardy. I backed out
    and decided to wait for the grand unveiling.

    --
    Hobart

  3. Re: Installed Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on my new laptop

    Ignoramus18870 wrote:

    > Today I decided to install Intrepid by means of
    >
    > update-manager -d
    >
    > Everything went very smoothly. I do not think that I lost any
    > functionality. (such as sound etc)
    >
    > My first impression is that it looks a lot like Hardy.
    >
    > My second impression is that it looks a lot like Hardy.

    There are a few new things in Intrepid Ibex which I like:

    - "guest" sessions possible
    - Samba 3.2, and thus connections over IPv6
    - "private" (read: encrypted) directories

    de Kameel

  4. Re: Installed Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on my new laptop

    On 25.09.2008 00:49, Ignoramus18870 wrote:

    > I had this new Fujitsu laptop for 3 days, and installed Hardy first.
    > Today I decided to install Intrepid by means of
    >
    > update-manager -d
    >
    > Everything went very smoothly. I do not think that I lost any
    > functionality. (such as sound etc)

    Depending on the chipset in your new laptop you should be aware of
    .

    --
    Regards,
    Ilja