    Have a look, its great to see businesses realize the potential
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30780575@N05/2883835297/

  2. Re: UBUNTU in Workplace

    On 2008-09-24, Chris Wrobel wrote:
    > Hello Everyone I just though I would share this with you. I got oil
    > change today at Mr.Lube,
    >
    > Guess what OS run their terminals
    >
    > U guessed it
    >
    > Have a look, its great to see businesses realize the potential
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/30780575@N05/2883835297/

    Nice... What was that program running on the terminal? I
    couldn't see it clearly enough. If they are running OSS then
    that's a good reason why they can keep their prices down, they
    aren't paying for expensive software and maintenance contracts.

    --
    Do you twitter? http://twitter.com
    Do you want to be a cranky geek? http://www.crankygeeks.com/

  3. Re: UBUNTU in Workplace

    Chris Wrobel wrote:
    > Hello Everyone I just though I would share this with you. I got oil
    > change today at Mr.Lube,
    >
    > Guess what OS run their terminals
    >
    > U guessed it
    >
    > Have a look, its great to see businesses realize the potential
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/30780575@N05/2883835297/

    It becomes more and more common. The cost of Windows is staggering, with
    2008 bound to be one of the most expensive ever, not to mention the
    hardware requirement.
    We have more then one client that migrated in the past year as long as
    they do not need any proprietary software. The biggest issue I have seen
    so far, connecting to Exchange mail server which is very popular and
    works quite well to be honest.

    Holz

  4. Re: UBUNTU in Workplace

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:38:52 +0000, JohnTheGeek wrote:

    i think it was just a terminal looged into a remote accounting software.

    > On 2008-09-24, Chris Wrobel wrote:
    >> Hello Everyone I just though I would share this with you. I got oil
    >> change today at Mr.Lube,
    >>
    >> Guess what OS run their terminals
    >>
    >> U guessed it
    >>
    >> Have a look, its great to see businesses realize the potential
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/30780575@N05/2883835297/

    > Nice... What was that program running on the terminal? I couldn't see
    > it clearly enough. If they are running OSS then that's a good reason
    > why they can keep their prices down, they aren't paying for expensive
    > software and maintenance contracts.

+ Reply to Thread