Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy - Ubuntu ; Kubuntu HH v8.04 Anyone know off chance if it's possible to eliminate the bottom pointer (controls paging Up) in the KDE vertical scroll bar........I keep clicking on the thing while wanting to scroll down and it's damn annoying to find ...

  1. Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy

    Kubuntu HH v8.04

    Anyone know off chance if it's possible to eliminate the bottom pointer
    (controls paging Up) in the KDE vertical scroll bar........I keep clicking
    on the thing while wanting to scroll down and it's damn annoying to find
    yet once again I've completely lost my reference point whilst
    reading.....ma little old grey cell grts amight confused! :-)

  2. Re: Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy

    In article , propman wrote:

    >Kubuntu HH v8.04
    >
    >Anyone know off chance if it's possible to eliminate the bottom pointer
    >(controls paging Up) in the KDE vertical scroll bar........I keep clicking
    >on the thing while wanting to scroll down and it's damn annoying to find
    >yet once again I've completely lost my reference point whilst
    >reading.....ma little old grey cell grts amight confused! :-)

    What about using arrow keys or page up/page down instead ?
    Sometimes mice just get in the way.

  3. Re: Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy

    bruce.sinclair@NOSPAMORELSEagresearch.NOTco.NOTnz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote
    in news:gb9up4$i7m$1@aioe.org:

    > In article , propman
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>Kubuntu HH v8.04
    >>
    >>Anyone know off chance if it's possible to eliminate the bottom
    >>pointer (controls paging Up) in the KDE vertical scroll bar........I
    >>keep clicking on the thing while wanting to scroll down and it's damn
    >>annoying to find yet once again I've completely lost my reference
    >>point whilst reading.....ma little old grey cell grts amight confused!
    >> :-)

    > What about using arrow keys or page up/page down instead ?

    ......then I'd have to take my hand off the mouse. ;-)

    > Sometimes mice just get in the way.

    Nah...not here they don't. :-)

  4. Re: Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy

    * propman wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > bruce.sinclair@NOSPAMORELSEagresearch.NOTco.NOTnz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote
    > in news:gb9up4$i7m$1@aioe.org:
    >
    >> In article , propman
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Kubuntu HH v8.04
    >>>
    >>>Anyone know off chance if it's possible to eliminate the bottom
    >>>pointer (controls paging Up) in the KDE vertical scroll bar........I
    >>>keep clicking on the thing while wanting to scroll down and it's damn
    >>>annoying to find yet once again I've completely lost my reference
    >>>point whilst reading.....ma little old grey cell grts amight confused!
    >>> :-)

    >> What about using arrow keys or page up/page down instead ?

    > .....then I'd have to take my hand off the mouse. ;-)
    >
    >> Sometimes mice just get in the way.
    >>

    > Nah...not here they don't. :-)

    Can you just change the theme? I dont believe all themes have both scroll
    buttons at the bottom for the KDE Themes.

    --
    David

  5. Re: Vertical scroll bar pointer thingy

    SINNER wrote in
    news:Xns9B227CE90AAEAlouiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130:

    > * propman wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> bruce.sinclair@NOSPAMORELSEagresearch.NOTco.NOTnz (Bruce Sinclair)
    >> wrote in news:gb9up4$i7m$1@aioe.org:

    > Can you just change the theme? I dont believe all themes have both
    > scroll buttons at the bottom for the KDE Themes.

    Thanks for the pointer David...will check that out. :-)

+ Reply to Thread