Joining Ubuntu to OpenDirectory - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Joining Ubuntu to OpenDirectory - Ubuntu ; Ive been struggling with this for a while now. This is what Id like to do: I have an OpenDirectory OSX server running 10.5. It houses all my user accounts. Id like to be able to log into Ubuntu box ...

  1. Joining Ubuntu to OpenDirectory

    Ive been struggling with this for a while now. This is what Id like to do:

    I have an OpenDirectory OSX server running 10.5. It houses all my user
    accounts. Id like to be able to log into Ubuntu box running 8.04 via SAMBA
    shares, SSH, console, etc.

    I have attacked this from a Kerberos point of view, an OpenLDAP point of
    view and a SAMBA point of view. Id like to be able to pull off Single-Sign
    On (hence Kerberos).

    I am currently able to login via LDAP to the console and via SSH.

    I am NOT able to get SAMBA to see my Domain users.

    I am able to login via local users to my Ubuntu box.

    This is driving me crazy Please someone point my in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance.

    Bill

  2. Re: Joining Ubuntu to OpenDirectory

    "bill@randomdog.net" wrote in

    Don't know if the following observation at my end of things is part of
    your problem or not but........

    > Ive been struggling with this for a while now. This is what Id like
    > to do:
    >

    > I am NOT able to get SAMBA to see my Domain users.
    >
    > This is driving me crazy Please someone point my in the right
    > direction. Thanks in advance.

    These three example sentences appear to have some kind of keyboard
    translation (ASCII substitution) acting on them......

    Here's how they appear in Notepad (on my Vista system right now):

    Ive been struggling with this for a while now. This is what Id like to
    do:

    I have an OpenDirectory OSX server running 10.5. It houses all my user
    accounts. Id like to be able to log into Ubuntu box running 8.04 via
    SAMBA shares, SSH, console, etc.

    I have attacked this from a Kerberos point of view, an OpenLDAP point of
    view and a SAMBA point of view. Id like to be able to pull off Single-
    Sign On (hence Kerberos).

    I am currently able to login via LDAP to the console and via SSH.

    I am NOT able to get SAMBA to see my Domain users.

    I am able to login via local users to my Ubuntu box.

    This is driving me crazyS Please someone point my in the right
    direction.
    Thanks in advance.

    Just did a quick check of your message, in Pan newsreader, on my linux
    box and the same garbage characters appear in it too.

    If those characters are included in references you are trying to access
    your Domain users via Samba then that might be where your problem
    exists. :-)

+ Reply to Thread