Re: virtual machine software - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: virtual machine software - Ubuntu ; I think that VirtualBox will let me do exactly what I want, with the possible exception of dual boot. -- Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention to spammers, I and many others block all articles ...

  1. Re: virtual machine software

    I think that VirtualBox will let me do exactly what I want, with the
    possible exception of dual boot.
    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  2. Re: virtual machine software

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:40:50 -0500, Ignoramus6193 wrote:

    > I think that VirtualBox will let me do exactly what I want, with the
    > possible exception of dual boot.

    IMO it's the best of the crowd for free home use. You didn't mention USB,
    but in case it's an issue the OSE (Open Source Edition) version of
    Virtualbox doesn't do USB at all. The free but closed-source corporate
    version does, and I think it even does USB 2 (whereas, the last I time I
    looked Vmware only did USB 1 while qemu's USB code was so inefficient it
    bogged the entire VM down to totally unusable speeds).

    The OSE version installs using Synaptic but the closed-source corporate
    version will have to be downloaded from the Virtualbox website and
    manually installed. It's a pretty easy process, though.

+ Reply to Thread