Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner - Ubuntu ; Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in Streamtuner v.99.99? Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for Shoutcast disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see the application connecting and finding stations, but they ...

  1. Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in
    Streamtuner v.99.99?

    Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for Shoutcast
    disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see the
    application connecting and finding stations, but they will not appear in
    listing. Does not matter if I do a 'top stations' or a search.

    Tried a complete removal and reinstallation to no effect. Have not
    changed any settings since it worked.

    Google Stations, Xiph, etc still work fine!

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    Coffeeman wrote:
    > Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in
    > Streamtuner v.99.99?
    >
    > Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for Shoutcast
    > disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see the
    > application connecting and finding stations, but they will not appear in
    > listing. Does not matter if I do a 'top stations' or a search.
    >
    > Tried a complete removal and reinstallation to no effect. Have not
    > changed any settings since it worked.
    >
    > Google Stations, Xiph, etc still work fine!
    >
    > Thanks!

    I just checked and had the same problem, so I guess it's them, not you.
    Mouse

  3. Re: Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 00:16:39 +0000, Coffeeman wrote:

    > Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in
    > Streamtuner v.99.99?
    >
    > Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for
    > Shoutcast disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see
    > the application connecting and finding stations, but they will not
    > appear in listing. Does not matter if I do a 'top stations' or a
    > search.
    >
    > Tried a complete removal and reinstallation to no effect. Have not
    > changed any settings since it worked.
    >
    > Google Stations, Xiph, etc still work fine!
    >
    > Thanks!

    Shoutcast changed something and now streamtuner won't list any stations...
    The app hasn't been updated in 4 years so it's a wonder streaming lasted
    this long...

    If you want to list shoutcast stations - both radio and tv, use tunapie...

    http://tunapie.sourceforge.net/

  4. Re: Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    Gerry wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 00:16:39 +0000, Coffeeman wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in
    >> Streamtuner v.99.99?
    >>
    >> Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for
    >> Shoutcast disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see
    >> the application connecting and finding stations, but they will not
    >> appear in listing. Does not matter if I do a 'top stations' or a
    >> search.
    >>
    >> Tried a complete removal and reinstallation to no effect. Have not
    >> changed any settings since it worked.
    >>
    >> Google Stations, Xiph, etc still work fine!
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Shoutcast changed something and now streamtuner won't list any stations...
    > The app hasn't been updated in 4 years so it's a wonder streaming lasted
    > this long...
    >
    > If you want to list shoutcast stations - both radio and tv, use tunapie...
    >
    > http://tunapie.sourceforge.net/

    Songbirds works as well.
    caver1

  5. Re: Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:33:05 +0000, Gerry wrote:

    > tunapie...
    >
    > http://tunapie.sourceforge.net/

    Tunapie works well, thanks for that tip.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  6. Re: Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    Coffeeman wrote:
    > Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in
    > Streamtuner v.99.99?
    >
    > Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for Shoutcast
    > disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see the
    > application connecting and finding stations, but they will not appear in
    > listing. Does not matter if I do a 'top stations' or a search.
    >
    > Tried a complete removal and reinstallation to no effect. Have not
    > changed any settings since it worked.
    >
    > Google Stations, Xiph, etc still work fine!
    >
    > Thanks!

    Mine works but I never refresh. I did that the last time I install
    Ubuntu and they all disappeared. With this new install of Hardy, no
    problems but I am not going to refresh to create any.

    Alias

  7. Re: Shoutcast listing no longer shows on Streamtuner

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:26:12 +0200, Alias wrote:

    > Coffeeman wrote:
    >> Has anyone experienced a problem with the Shoutcast listing in
    >> Streamtuner v.99.99?
    >>
    >> Suddenly, on three different Ubuntu 8.04 boxes, the listing for
    >> Shoutcast disappears from Streamtuner on reloading stations. I can see
    >> the application connecting and finding stations, but they will not
    >> appear in listing. Does not matter if I do a 'top stations' or a
    >> search.
    >>
    >> Tried a complete removal and reinstallation to no effect. Have not
    >> changed any settings since it worked.
    >>
    >> Google Stations, Xiph, etc still work fine!
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Mine works but I never refresh. I did that the last time I install
    > Ubuntu and they all disappeared. With this new install of Hardy, no
    > problems but I am not going to refresh to create any.
    >
    > Alias

    Don't refresh.

    Everything works fine until you refresh, then -- poof -- no more listing.

    I installed Tunapie through Synaptic and I now can tune the stations and
    play through Audacious. Things change. I was having such a wonderful
    time using Streamtuner and XMMS until improvements were made...

    Thanks to Gerry and Jebblue for the pointer to Tunapie!

    Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread