Partitioning "C" drive with partition software - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Partitioning "C" drive with partition software - Ubuntu ; Sorry Dan about the HTML. I didn't know there were such COMPASIONATE bastards on this group. Tell me the last time you screwed up. Oh wait you never did....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Sorry Dan about the HTML. I didn't know there were such COMPASIONATE
    bastards on this group. Tell me the last time you screwed up. Oh wait you
    never did.

  2. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:39:00 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > Sorry Dan about the HTML. I didn't know there were such COMPASIONATE
    > bastards on this group. Tell me the last time you screwed up. Oh wait
    > you never did.

    That is correct.

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

  3. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    B--- S---

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.09.19.02.45.53.2948@moria.lan...
    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:39:00 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry Dan about the HTML. I didn't know there were such COMPASIONATE
    >> bastards on this group. Tell me the last time you screwed up. Oh wait
    >> you never did.

    > That is correct.

    > Bugger off, Win-droid.
    >

    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

  4. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:48:45 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >B--- S---

    Now you're top posting. :-p

  5. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:48:45 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > B--- S---

    Let's summarize your entry into the wonderful world of Usenet...

    In three posts, you have:
    1. Posted HTML
    2. Started an entirely new thread (with the same subject line) as a
    "reply" to another poster's reply.
    3. Top-posted.
    4. Posted to a Linux newsgroup using Windoze (Vista, no less).
    5. Insulted someone who has likely forgotten more about Linux since he
    woke up this morning than you will ever learn.

    You're off to a good start! Keep it up, champ!

    Now, run along, and do some research on what you need to know about
    partitioning. There are a million easy and clear instructional pages on
    the Web. I'd suggest learning how to use Google.

  6. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    "AZ Nomad" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:48:45 -0700, Chuck Tanner
    > wrote:
    >>B--- S---

    > Now you're top posting. :-p

    Geeeez what a bunch of w a. Just think how much you could accomplish
    helping people into the Linux program without all the sarcastic crap. Skip
    the bs and just address the problem, or is that above you.

  7. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:08:38 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:

    >>>B--- S---

    >> Now you're top posting. :-p

    > Geeeez what a bunch of w a. Just think how much you could accomplish
    > helping people into the Linux program without all the sarcastic crap. Skip
    > the bs and just address the problem, or is that above you.

    He (we) was/were addressing the problem. The problem is that there are
    accepted standards of posting to Usenet, and you seem to be violating
    nearly all of them in your first few posts. Go learn how to use a
    newsgroup properly (hint: Google), and then come back and ask your
    question(s) properly. You might be amazed at the difference in the
    reception you'll get...

  8. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.09.19.03.02.05.319271@moria.lan...
    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:48:45 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >
    >> B--- S---

    > Let's summarize your entry into the wonderful world of Usenet...
    >
    > In three posts, you have:
    > 1. Posted HTML
    > 2. Started an entirely new thread (with the same subject line) as a
    > "reply" to another poster's reply.
    > 3. Top-posted.
    > 4. Posted to a Linux newsgroup using Windoze (Vista, no less).
    > 5. Insulted someone who has likely forgotten more about Linux since he
    > woke up this morning than you will ever learn.
    >
    > You're off to a good start! Keep it up, champ!
    >
    > Now, run along, and do some research on what you need to know about
    > partitioning. There are a million easy and clear instructional pages on
    > the Web. I'd suggest learning how to use Google.
    >

    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org.

    Dan. you should just run along right into oncoming traffic. If you are so
    damn smart you sure aren't showing it. All you show is that you are an ass
    hole. Maybe you do know more about Linux and I will learn. But it is hard
    to post to a Linux group until you get Linux installed wise ass. Or didn't
    you think of that. From what I see about a few of you Linux pros doesn't
    impress me or shouldn't impress anyone. I asked a question and all you have
    done in bitch bitch, just like a little girl. Incidentally I imagine I was
    partitioning hard drives while you were ****ting yellow. What I asked is
    about the procedure concerning installing Ubuntu after partitioning was
    done. Or didn't you read that far.

  9. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > Sorry Dan about the HTML. I didn't know there were such
    > COMPASIONATE bastards on this group. Tell me the last time you
    > screwed up. Oh wait you never did.

    Ignore Dan C. Better, just PLONK him. He is a resident troll.

    But please DO learn to quote properly.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  10. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck Tanner wrote:
    > "AZ Nomad" wrote:
    >> Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >>
    >>> B--- S---

    >> Now you're top posting. :-p

    > Geeeez what a bunch of w a. Just think how much you could
    > accomplish helping people into the Linux program without all
    > the sarcastic crap. Skip the bs and just address the problem,
    > or is that above you.

    No, think about how you could avoid all this by simply following
    standard Usenet practice in the first place. We assume you don't
    know it, and require instruction.

    irrelevant material. See the following links:

    (taming google)
    (newusers)

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  11. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    "CBFalconer" wrote in message
    > Chuck Tanner wrote:

    >>> Now you're top posting. :-p

    >> Geeeez what a bunch of w a. Just think how much you could
    >> accomplish helping people into the Linux program without all
    >> the sarcastic crap. Skip the bs and just address the problem,
    >> or is that above you.

    > No, think about how you could avoid all this by simply following
    > standard Usenet practice in the first place. We assume you don't
    > know it, and require instruction.
    >
    > Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
    > with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all
    > irrelevant material. See the following links:
    >

    > (taming google)
    > (newusers)
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    Thank you Chuck for at least talking like a human. I probably did and do
    know proper Usenet procedures. It has been 10 or 15 years at least since I
    have used news groups very much. I apologize for offending anyone, except
    Dan. But other than one reply I am no closer to to the answer to my post.

  12. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    "CBFalconer" wrote in message
    > Chuck Tanner wrote:

    >>> Now you're top posting. :-p

    >> Geeeez what a bunch of w a. Just think how much you could
    >> accomplish helping people into the Linux program without all
    >> the sarcastic crap. Skip the bs and just address the problem,
    >> or is that above you.

    > No, think about how you could avoid all this by simply following
    > standard Usenet practice in the first place. We assume you don't
    > know it, and require instruction.
    >
    > Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
    > with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all
    > irrelevant material. See the following links:
    >

    > (taming google)
    > (newusers)
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    Thank you Chuck F for the four links. they were a good refresher and I
    guess I needed it. Look forward to better posts from me in the future.

    Chuck

  13. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > "Dan C" wrote in message
    > newsan.2008.09.19.03.02.05.319271@moria.lan...
    >> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:48:45 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >>
    >>> B--- S---

    >> Let's summarize your entry into the wonderful world of Usenet...
    >>
    >> In three posts, you have:
    >> 1. Posted HTML
    >> 2. Started an entirely new thread (with the same subject line) as a
    >> "reply" to another poster's reply.
    >> 3. Top-posted.
    >> 4. Posted to a Linux newsgroup using Windoze (Vista, no less).
    >> 5. Insulted someone who has likely forgotten more about Linux since he
    >> woke up this morning than you will ever learn.
    >>
    >> You're off to a good start! Keep it up, champ!
    >>
    >> Now, run along, and do some research on what you need to know about
    >> partitioning. There are a million easy and clear instructional pages on
    >> the Web. I'd suggest learning how to use Google.
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org.
    >>

    > Dan. you should just run along right into oncoming traffic. If you are
    > so damn smart you sure aren't showing it. All you show is that you are
    > an ass hole. Maybe you do know more about Linux and I will learn. But
    > it is hard to post to a Linux group until you get Linux installed wise
    > ass. Or didn't you think of that. From what I see about a few of you
    > Linux pros doesn't impress me or shouldn't impress anyone. I asked a
    > question and all you have done in bitch bitch, just like a little girl.
    > Incidentally I imagine I was partitioning hard drives while you were
    > ****ting yellow. What I asked is about the procedure concerning
    > installing Ubuntu after partitioning was done. Or didn't you read that
    > far.

    The hole your digging, just keeps getting deeper & deeper.

    Give it up, and go away. It was funny at first, now it's just sad.

    Dan Dangerous

  14. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be new here
    "Chuck Tanner" wrote in message

    > "Dan C" wrote in message
    > newsan.2008.09.19.03.02.05.319271@moria.lan...
    >> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:48:45 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >>
    >>> B--- S---

    >> Let's summarize your entry into the wonderful world of Usenet...
    >>
    >> In three posts, you have:
    >> 1. Posted HTML
    >> 2. Started an entirely new thread (with the same subject line) as a
    >> "reply" to another poster's reply.
    >> 3. Top-posted.
    >> 4. Posted to a Linux newsgroup using Windoze (Vista, no less).
    >> 5. Insulted someone who has likely forgotten more about Linux since he
    >> woke up this morning than you will ever learn.
    >>
    >> You're off to a good start! Keep it up, champ!
    >>
    >> Now, run along, and do some research on what you need to know about
    >> partitioning. There are a million easy and clear instructional pages on
    >> the Web. I'd suggest learning how to use Google.
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org.
    >>

    > Dan. you should just run along right into oncoming traffic. If you are
    > so damn smart you sure aren't showing it. All you show is that you are an
    > ass hole. Maybe you do know more about Linux and I will learn. But it is
    > hard to post to a Linux group until you get Linux installed wise ass. Or
    > didn't you think of that. From what I see about a few of you Linux pros
    > doesn't impress me or shouldn't impress anyone. I asked a question and
    > all you have done in bitch bitch, just like a little girl. Incidentally I
    > imagine I was partitioning hard drives while you were ****ting yellow.
    > What I asked is about the procedure concerning installing Ubuntu after
    > partitioning was done. Or didn't you read that far.

  15. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 04:43:26 +0000, lamont cranston wrote:

    > ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be new here

    Is your newsreader so broken it can't filter out posts by sender?
    Or do you not know how to use it? Try the words "outlook express filter"
    in a search engine.

    stonerfish

  16. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 05:26:27 GMT, jellybean stonerfish
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 04:43:26 +0000, lamont cranston wrote:
    >
    >> ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be new here

    >Is your newsreader so broken it can't filter out posts by sender?
    >Or do you not know how to use it? Try the words "outlook express filter"
    >in a search engine.
    >
    >stonerfish

    Stonefish. I am using MLM and am trying out Agent. Not sure how to
    turn off senders. Would appreciate the knowledge. I will search my
    two news programs and see what I can find. Thanks

  17. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    lamont cranston wrote:

    > ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be
    > new here

    Yes. Simply PLONK him. Look to your newsreaders filters for the
    how. Then DON'T toppost. DO snip.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  18. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > Dan. you should just run along right into oncoming traffic.

    Just ignore or killfile the idiot. Unfortunately, there's always one! Dan
    C /used/ to provide useful and helpful advice in this and other newsgroups.
    Unfortunately, in the last year or so, he has become increasingly abusive,
    and pounces on every perceived trivial infraction of Usenet etiquette. His
    postings reached the /troll/ level some while ago!

    C.

  19. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    lamont cranston wrote:

    > ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be new here

    Don't "top post" - it destroys the flow of conversation.

    If your newsreader software supports it, set up a killfile, and then use it
    to consign the ramblings of the demented to the bit bucket!

    C.

  20. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck Tanner schreef:
    > Sorry Dan about the HTML. I didn't know there were such COMPASIONATE
    > bastards on this group. Tell me the last time you screwed up. Oh wait
    > you never did.

    I see you've met some of the guys from the Ploink file

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast