Partitioning "C" drive with partition software - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Partitioning "C" drive with partition software - Ubuntu ; Chuck wrote: > jellybean stonerfish wrote: >> lamont cranston wrote: >> >>> ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be >>> new here >> >> Is your newsreader so broken it can't filter out posts by ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

  1. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck wrote:
    > jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    >> lamont cranston wrote:
    >>
    >>> ummm...is there anyway to "turn off" the danc guy? sorry to be
    >>> new here

    >> Is your newsreader so broken it can't filter out posts by sender?
    >> Or do you not know how to use it? Try the words "outlook express
    >> filter" in a search engine.

    > Stonefish. I am using MLM and am trying out Agent. Not sure how
    > to turn off senders. Would appreciate the knowledge. I will
    > search my two news programs and see what I can find. Thanks

    Try Thunderbird. Look at the filters.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  2. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:19:09 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > Incidentally I imagine I was partitioning hard drives while you were
    > ****ting yellow.

    I doubt that. I haven't been doing that for about 45 years. You weren't
    partitioning anything that long ago, n00b.

    > What I asked is about the procedure concerning installing Ubuntu after
    > partitioning was done. Or didn't you read that far.

    Ummmmm, wrong. You better go back and read your original post again,
    n00b. You asked how many partitions you should make, NOT how to install
    Ubuntu "after partitioning was done". Go back and look, if you must.

    Here's a real piece of advice... Usenet is NOT where you should be to
    learn how to install Linux. There are EXCELLENT resources available all
    over the WWW to tell you that, complete with pictures and screenshots. Go
    do some homework and figure a few things out, and then come back here with
    specific questions after you've got it installed. Fair enough?

  3. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:24:09 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Ignore Dan C. Better, just PLONK him. He is a resident troll.

    I'm the only one helping the Clueless One, you ignorant stooge. I'm no
    more a troll than you are a Linux user.

    > But please DO learn to quote properly.

    I see you *finally* fixed your non-compliant signature block, n00b.

  4. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On 2008-09-19, Chuck Tanner hit the keyboard and wrote:

    > Chuck

    I think to your original question the various advices are
    given now. So you have to decide which way to go. I just
    like to add the *obvious* Point:

    Back up your Data *first* if you want you can also back
    the other OS prior to shrinking the drive. I've read that
    one needs to prepare the other OS prior to shrinking the
    drive. Please look into the requirements on how this is
    done, also get the knowledge to restore the *MBR* (printing
    these instructions out) just in case something goes wrong
    and then go for the *adventure* of installing Gnu/Linux the
    Ubuntu version.

    Dragomir Kollaric
    --
    "When science discovers the center of the universe, a lot of
    people will be disappointed to find they are not it."
    >> Bernard Baily <<

  5. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:15:52 -0500, Dan C
    wrote:

    >>> Now you're top posting. :-p

    >> Geeeez what a bunch of w a. Just think how much you could accomplish
    >> helping people into the Linux program without all the sarcastic crap. Skip
    >> the bs and just address the problem, or is that above you.

    >He (we) was/were addressing the problem. The problem is that there are
    >accepted standards of posting to Usenet, and you seem to be violating
    >nearly all of them in your first few posts. Go learn how to use a
    >newsgroup properly (hint: Google), and then come back and ask your
    >question(s) properly. You might be amazed at the difference in the
    >reception you'll get...

    He may well learn usenet manners but, you'll always be an ass.
    --

    When the will to power is in charge,
    the higher the ideals, the lower the results.

  6. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:15:25 -0500, grinch wrote:

    >>He (we) was/were addressing the problem. The problem is that there are
    >>accepted standards of posting to Usenet, and you seem to be violating
    >>nearly all of them in your first few posts. Go learn how to use a
    >>newsgroup properly (hint: Google), and then come back and ask your
    >>question(s) properly. You might be amazed at the difference in the
    >>reception you'll get...

    > He may well learn usenet manners but, you'll always be an ass.

    Heh. Yet another retarded ****ing Win-droid spews out some drivel.

    Bugger off, dickmunch.

  7. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    Chuck Tanner wrote:
    > B--- S---

    Ignore the idiot.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    "A miracle is a violation of the laws of nature, and as a
    firm and unalterable experience has established these laws,
    the proof against a miracle, from the very nature of the fact,
    is as entire as could possibly be imagined."
    -- David Hume, age 37

    "There's no such thing of that, 'cause I never heard of it."
    -- Becky Groleau, age 4

  8. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:15:37 -0400, Wes Groleau
    wrote:

    >Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >> B--- S---

    >Ignore the idiot.

    Thanks Wes, That is just what I am doing. In addition I blocked any
    message that has his name attached to it.

  9. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:27:53 -0700, Chuck wrote:

    >>Ignore the idiot.

    > Thanks Wes, That is just what I am doing. In addition I blocked any
    > message that has his name attached to it.

    Yeah, that's a great idea. That way you won't have to learn anything, and
    can blindly stick with your Windoze that you're afraid to leave. You and
    Mac-boy Groleau make a nice pair.

    Pathetic.

  10. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    "CBFalconer" wrote in message
    > Chuck wrote:
    >> jellybean stonerfish wrote:

    >>> Is your newsreader so broken it can't filter out posts by sender?
    >>> Or do you not know how to use it? Try the words "outlook express
    >>> filter" in a search engine.

    >> Stonefish. I am using MLM and am trying out Agent. Not sure how
    >> to turn off senders. Would appreciate the knowledge. I will
    >> search my two news programs and see what I can find. Thanks

    > Try Thunderbird. Look at the filters.
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    I did find the filtering tool in WLM. The troll is gone.

    Chuck

  11. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:51:30 -0700, Chuck Tanner wrote:

    > I did find the filtering tool in WLM. The troll is gone.

    And you're still a drooling Win-droid stooge, just like the moron you're
    replying to.

  12. Re: Partitioning "C" drive with partition software

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:27:53 -0700, Chuck wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:15:37 -0400, Wes Groleau
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Chuck Tanner wrote:
    >>> B--- S---

    >>Ignore the idiot.

    > Thanks Wes, That is just what I am doing. In addition I blocked any
    > message that has his name attached to it.

    Good advice.
    He's obviously a boob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2