Medion akoya E5010 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Medion akoya E5010 - Ubuntu ; Why doesnt installation work on Medion akoya E5010? It starts to install, even tried WUBI, but after reboot it hangs without display....

  1. Medion akoya E5010

    Why doesnt installation work on Medion akoya E5010? It starts to
    install, even tried WUBI, but after reboot it hangs without display.

  2. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Thomas Singler schreef:
    > Why doesnt installation work on Medion akoya E5010? It starts to
    > install, even tried WUBI, but after reboot it hangs without display.

    You DID check the integrity of your download and burned CD?

  3. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:
    > Thomas Singler schreef:
    >> Why doesnt installation work on Medion akoya E5010? It starts to
    >> install, even tried WUBI, but after reboot it hangs without display.

    > You DID check the integrity of your download and burned CD?

    Yes i did, and i tried it with 7.10 and 8.04. Both didnt work.

  4. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Thomas Singler schreef:
    > Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:
    >> Thomas Singler schreef:
    >>> Why doesnt installation work on Medion akoya E5010? It starts to
    >>> install, even tried WUBI, but after reboot it hangs without display.

    >> You DID check the integrity of your download and burned CD?

    > Yes i did, and i tried it with 7.10 and 8.04. Both didnt work.

    I assume you did use the Live CD function and it started up?
    This would at least prove most of the hardware is recognised.

    In cases like this the alternative DVD/CD might be the best bet.
    As it's not relying on X or a GUI it is more robust.

  5. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:
    > Thomas Singler schreef:
    >> Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:
    >>>
    >>> You DID check the integrity of your download and burned CD?

    >> Yes i did, and i tried it with 7.10 and 8.04. Both didnt work.

    > I assume you did use the Live CD function and it started up?
    > This would at least prove most of the hardware is recognised.
    >
    > In cases like this the alternative DVD/CD might be the best bet.
    > As it's not relying on X or a GUI it is more robust.

    I tried 7.10 Live CD and it didnt start up. So i tried WUBI 8.04 normal
    ISO on CD and it didnt work either

  6. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Thomas Singler schreef:
    > Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:
    >> Thomas Singler schreef:

    >>> Yes i did, and i tried it with 7.10 and 8.04. Both didnt work.

    >> I assume you did use the Live CD function and it started up?
    >> This would at least prove most of the hardware is recognised.
    >>
    >> In cases like this the alternative DVD/CD might be the best bet.
    >> As it's not relying on X or a GUI it is more robust.

    > I tried 7.10 Live CD and it didnt start up. So i tried WUBI 8.04 normal
    > ISO on CD and it didnt work either

    As strange and unusual outcome, though I'm not familiar with this
    particular E5010 many people have been successful in installing Linux on
    an Akoya, being cheap they mostly use generic parts.

    Again, try the alternate DVD/CD.

  7. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:
    > Thomas Singler schreef:
    >> Dirk T. Verbeek schrieb:

    >>> I assume you did use the Live CD function and it started up?
    >>> This would at least prove most of the hardware is recognised.
    >>>
    >>> In cases like this the alternative DVD/CD might be the best bet.
    >>> As it's not relying on X or a GUI it is more robust.

    >> I tried 7.10 Live CD and it didnt start up. So i tried WUBI 8.04
    >> normal ISO on CD and it didnt work either

    > As strange and unusual outcome, though I'm not familiar with this
    > particular E5010 many people have been successful in installing Linux on
    > an Akoya, being cheap they mostly use generic parts.
    >
    > Again, try the alternate DVD/CD.

    Thanks for the hint!
    Ill try.

  8. Re: Medion akoya E5010

    Thomas Singler wrote:

    > Why doesnt installation work on Medion akoya E5010? It starts to
    > install, even tried WUBI, but after reboot it hangs without display.

    So we should all be very performant mediums...

+ Reply to Thread