Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:33:57 -0500, Dan C wrote: > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:50:22 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote: > >>> n00b. > >> We all start somewhere - you were a n00b once too, some might argue ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:33:57 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:50:22 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:
    >
    >>> n00b.

    >> We all start somewhere - you were a n00b once too, some might argue
    >> you stayed there.

    > You'll stay a n00b until you can cut that umbilical cord to using Windoze,
    > like you are now. Use a real newsreader, and start learning something.

    You mean like pan?

    Don't make me laugh...

    The older versions of pan were great. Then they went to the new code,
    started over and they suck.
    That's why I run 40tude dialog under wine.
    It actually runs better than pan does natively.

    BTW a real news reader is slrn or emacs.
    Try them sometime.

  2. Re: Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:53:55 -0400, John Connors wrote:

    >> You'll stay a n00b until you can cut that umbilical cord to using Windoze,
    >> like you are now. Use a real newsreader, and start learning something.

    > You mean like pan?

    Yeah, like Pan.

    > Don't make me laugh...

    Wasn't trying to. Why would that make you laugh?

    > The older versions of pan were great. Then they went to the new code,
    > started over and they suck.

    Agreed. That's why I use the old Pan...

    Bull****.

    > BTW a real news reader is slrn or emacs.
    > Try them sometime.

    I use slrn quite often. Don't care for emacs at all.

  3. Re: Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution

    John Connors wrote:

    > That's why I run 40tude dialog under wine.
    > It actually runs better than pan does natively.

    You should get the .84 update, though.
    http://dialog.datalist.org/downloads/download.html

    Note the notes there about replacing the executable file only.

    --
    -bts

  4. Re: Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution

    > You'll stay a n00b until you can cut that umbilical cord to using Windoze,
    > like you are now. Use a real newsreader, and start learning something.

    You may note I do use pan occasionally, but prefer the older versions,
    not the stripped out version in the repositories.

  5. Re: Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:53:56 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > John Connors wrote:
    >
    >> That's why I run 40tude dialog under wine.
    >> It actually runs better than pan does natively.

    > You should get the .84 update, though.
    > http://dialog.datalist.org/downloads/download.html
    >
    > Note the notes there about replacing the executable file only.

    Thanks for the heads up!
    I didn't realize there was a more current version.

  6. Re: Distros based on Ubuntu - screen resolution

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:57:12 -0400, John Connors wrote:

    >> You should get the .84 update, though.
    >> http://dialog.datalist.org/downloads/download.html

    > Thanks for the heads up!
    > I didn't realize there was a more current version.

    You see? More proof that using Windoze makes you stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2