Windows Freeware to give away - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Windows Freeware to give away - Ubuntu ; Hi Group, Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files that have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from 'TNT' others from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've ...

  1. Windows Freeware to give away

    Hi Group,

    Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files that
    have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from 'TNT' others
    from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've also got some
    doc________exe files too and I'm guessing this must be some new kind of
    legacy Microsoft Office extension for Office 2010?

    As they are no use to me - they don't seem to want to run on Ubuntu - I
    just wondered if there were any of the Windows users that drop in here
    that would like them? Seems a pity to waste good programs when someone
    has gone to the trouble of emailing them out.

    Just drop me an email if you would like them - but before you do, please
    check that you don't already have them ;-)

    --
    powered by Linux - bastardized by Window$ *THE* legacy operating system
    from the 20th Century - givemespam@wibblywobblyteapot.co.uk

  2. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    Klunk wrote:

    > Hi Group,
    >
    > Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files
    > that have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from 'TNT'
    > others from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've also got
    > some doc________exe files too and I'm guessing this must be some new
    > kind of legacy Microsoft Office extension for Office 2010?
    >
    > As they are no use to me - they don't seem to want to run on Ubuntu -
    > I just wondered if there were any of the Windows users that drop in
    > here that would like them? Seems a pity to waste good programs when
    > someone has gone to the trouble of emailing them out.
    >
    > Just drop me an email if you would like them - but before you do,
    > please check that you don't already have them ;-)

    Sounds like a collection of Windows Trojans, Malware, and Virus.
    --
    Patrick at...
    Latitude: 40.48*

  3. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    Klunk wrote:

    > Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files
    > that have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from
    > 'TNT' others from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've also
    > got some doc________exe files too and I'm guessing this must be some
    > new kind of legacy Microsoft Office extension for Office 2010?

    I'll swap you one UPS file for an e-greeting card... ;-)

    --
    -bts

  4. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 05:55:32 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Klunk wrote:
    >
    >> Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files that
    >> have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from 'TNT'
    >> others from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've also got some
    >> doc________exe files too and I'm guessing this must be some new kind of
    >> legacy Microsoft Office extension for Office 2010?

    > I'll swap you one UPS file for an e-greeting card... ;-)

    Sounds like a fick ****er troll to me.

  5. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    Would you like to buy a bridge?

    --

  6. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 05:55:32 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty passed an
    empty day by writing:

    > Klunk wrote:
    >
    >> Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files that
    >> have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from 'TNT'
    >> others from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've also got some
    >> doc________exe files too and I'm guessing this must be some new kind of
    >> legacy Microsoft Office extension for Office 2010?

    > I'll swap you one UPS file for an e-greeting card... ;-)

    I don't know. I'll have to think about it. The UPS files are twice the
    size of an e-greeting card. Can you chuck in a .doc as well?

    --
    powered by Linux - bastardized by Window$ *THE* legacy operating system
    for the 20th Century - givemespam@wibblywobblyteapot.co.uk

  7. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    Klunk wrote in news:48b6e904$0$26080
    $db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk:

    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 05:55:32 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty passed an
    > empty day by writing:
    >
    >> Klunk wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just a quick post. My inbox seems to be full of various .zip files that
    >>> have come in with the my mail over the last week. Some from 'TNT'
    >>> others from 'UPS'. They are all Windows executables. I've also got some
    >>> doc________exe files too and I'm guessing this must be some new kind of
    >>> legacy Microsoft Office extension for Office 2010?

    >> I'll swap you one UPS file for an e-greeting card... ;-)

    > I don't know. I'll have to think about it. The UPS files are twice the
    > size of an e-greeting card. Can you chuck in a .doc as well?

    "Nah...what's up, doc?"

  8. Re: Windows Freeware to give away

    On 2008-08-28, Patrick Phillips wrote:

    > Sounds like a collection of Windows Trojans, Malware, and Virus.

    Thank you, oh Master of the Obvious...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

+ Reply to Thread