portrait mode - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on portrait mode - Ubuntu ; Hello i have a iiyama display b2403ws with portrait mode. I have installed grandr 0.2 : i get the icon with the various resolutions but no possibilities of rotation as showed in the documentation. The graphic card is a nvidia ...

  1. portrait mode

    Hello i have a iiyama display b2403ws with portrait mode.
    I have installed grandr 0.2 : i get the icon with the various
    resolutions but no possibilities of rotation as showed in the documentation.
    The graphic card is a nvidia 6200 (server vendor version : 1.4.0.90).
    In the french ubuntu documentation they say that i could tune the
    rotation in the display settings of the card but there is no mention of it.
    Have you any idea to get the rotation ?
    I tried with wine osm.exe but i got a lot of errors.
    Thank you for the help.
    JMR

  2. Re: portrait mode

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:45:20 +0200, JMR wrote:

    > Hello i have a iiyama display b2403ws with portrait mode. I have
    > installed grandr 0.2 : i get the icon with the various resolutions but
    > no possibilities of rotation as showed in the documentation. The graphic
    > card is a nvidia 6200 (server vendor version : 1.4.0.90). In the french
    > ubuntu documentation they say that i could tune the rotation in the
    > display settings of the card but there is no mention of it. Have you any
    > idea to get the rotation ? I tried with wine osm.exe but i got a lot of
    > errors. Thank you for the help.
    > JMR

    To get the rotate display function to work you will have to add the
    following to the "Device" section of your xorg.conf:

    Option "RandRRotation" "on" <--(if you're using "nvidia" driver)
    Option "Rotate" "CCW" <--(if you're using the "nv" driver)

    Restart xorg and you should be able to rotate.

  3. Re: portrait mode

    Mike Bleiweiss a écrit :
    > On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:45:20 +0200, JMR wrote:
    >
    >> Hello i have a iiyama display b2403ws with portrait mode. I have
    >> installed grandr 0.2 : i get the icon with the various resolutions but
    >> no possibilities of rotation as showed in the documentation. The graphic
    >> card is a nvidia 6200 (server vendor version : 1.4.0.90). In the french
    >> ubuntu documentation they say that i could tune the rotation in the
    >> display settings of the card but there is no mention of it. Have you any
    >> idea to get the rotation ? I tried with wine osm.exe but i got a lot of
    >> errors. Thank you for the help.
    >> JMR

    > To get the rotate display function to work you will have to add the
    > following to the "Device" section of your xorg.conf:
    >

    > Option "RandRRotation" "on" <--(if you're using "nvidia" driver)
    > Option "Rotate" "CCW" <--(if you're using the "nv" driver)
    >
    > Restart xorg and you should be able to rotate.

    it works now : above the resolutions (when i click on the grandr icon) i
    get now the lines normal, left...
    Thank you for the tips

    JMR

+ Reply to Thread