setting up laptop - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on setting up laptop - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:04:03 -0500, Joe wrote: > SLRN is one of those cases where the svn version is consistently > good, so many people are willing to take the risks... You mean those who haven't discovered a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: setting up laptop

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:04:03 -0500, Joe wrote:

    > SLRN is one of those cases where the svn version is consistently
    > good, so many people are willing to take the risks...

    You mean those who haven't discovered a better newsreader yet?

    --
    Chris Game

    Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!

  2. Re: setting up laptop

    * Chris Game wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:04:03 -0500, Joe wrote:
    >
    >> SLRN is one of those cases where the svn version is consistently
    >> good, so many people are willing to take the risks...

    > You mean those who haven't discovered a better newsreader yet?

    I see you're at it again, so now what's wrong with slrn? As I am sure you
    are aware a new version is out which fixes your biggest (only?) complaint,
    so now what?

    --
    David

  3. Re: setting up laptop

    SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >> Aaah. The ubiquitous "checkinstall".
    >>
    >> I'm going to have to start using it, methinks.

    > You mean you dont already?!

    Nope. I like to "keep it real". ;-)

    --
    "I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children
    jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know

  4. Re: setting up laptop

    On 2008-08-28, Chris Game wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:04:03 -0500, Joe wrote:
    >
    >> SLRN is one of those cases where the svn version is consistently
    >> good, so many people are willing to take the risks...

    > You mean those who haven't discovered a better newsreader yet?

    That'd be tough, since there isn't one... ;-)

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2