Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:42:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:15:12 GMT, Mr Spock wrote: > > >>> FWIW If it *works* for you, fine but COLA Linux people are liars. They >>> have ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 67 of 67

  1. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:42:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:15:12 GMT, Mr Spock wrote:
    >

    >>> FWIW If it *works* for you, fine but COLA Linux people are liars. They
    >>> have been caught a zillion times already so I don't trust them until
    >>> they prove otherwise.

    >> Yea and your a ****ing **** stirring troll Moshe Pissflaps.

    > Why are Linux users so angry all the time?
    >
    > Must be all that time they spend trying to make their systems function
    > in what is a Windows and increasingly a Mac world.

    No.... Its putting up with queer windows fanboys (Moshe Goldfarb) coming
    over here, trying to be smart when they're really ****ing trolls.

  2. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:42:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Must be all that time they spend trying to make their systems function
    > in what is a Windows and increasingly a Mac world.

    I found a great mode in which to make windows work for power users. OFF.

    --
    As we travel through life it is best to be like the dog. If you can't eat
    it, or have sex with it, then p*ss on it

  3. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On 28 Aug 2008 18:24:32 GMT, A J Hawke wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:42:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >

    >> Must be all that time they spend trying to make their systems function
    >> in what is a Windows and increasingly a Mac world.

    > I found a great mode in which to make windows work for power users. OFF.

    Better let the Linux *advocates* in comp.os.linux.advocacy know that
    because the majority of them earn their living using Windows.

    Makes me wonder why if Linux is so great and Windows is so terrible
    (according to them), they can't seem to earn a living with Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:39:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On 28 Aug 2008 18:24:32 GMT, A J Hawke wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:42:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    >>> Must be all that time they spend trying to make their systems function
    >>> in what is a Windows and increasingly a Mac world.

    >> I found a great mode in which to make windows work for power users.
    >> OFF.

    > Better let the Linux *advocates* in comp.os.linux.advocacy know that
    > because the majority of them earn their living using Windows.
    >
    > Makes me wonder why if Linux is so great and Windows is so terrible
    > (according to them), they can't seem to earn a living with Linux.

    I can only see positive comments about Linux, can't see anything bad
    about it. Mind you, I've got the filter set to knock out you and your
    boyfriend over there. Probably explains it.

    What's that coming over the hill .... plonk ... he's gone.

    --
    As we travel through life it is best to be like the dog. If you can't eat
    it, or have sex with it, then p*ss on it

  5. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On 28 Aug 2008 18:47:47 GMT, A J Hawke wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:39:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> I found a great mode in which to make windows work for power users.
    >>> OFF.

    >> Better let the Linux *advocates* in comp.os.linux.advocacy know that
    >> because the majority of them earn their living using Windows.
    >>
    >> Makes me wonder why if Linux is so great and Windows is so terrible
    >> (according to them), they can't seem to earn a living with Linux.

    > I can only see positive comments about Linux, can't see anything bad
    > about it. Mind you, I've got the filter set to knock out you and your
    > boyfriend over there. Probably explains it.

    You sound like the perfect Linux advocate!
    Head buried in the sand....

    Interesting posting history you have.
    Amateur Radio and all....
    We have another person, coincidently from your neck of the woods that has
    similar interests...

    Naaahhh
    Couldn't be...

    Or could it?

    > What's that coming over the hill .... plonk ... he's gone.

    That was Roy Schestowitz riding on top of Mark Kent.
    From your comment it looks like Mar "Gasbag" Kent lost his charge again.
    Oh well, time for a re-fill...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, A J Hawke

    wrote
    on 28 Aug 2008 18:47:47 GMT
    <48b6f2d3$0$2524$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk>:
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:39:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> I found a great mode in which to make windows work for power users.
    >>> OFF.

    >> Better let the Linux *advocates* in comp.os.linux.advocacy know that
    >> because the majority of them earn their living using Windows.
    >>
    >> Makes me wonder why if Linux is so great and Windows is so terrible
    >> (according to them), they can't seem to earn a living with Linux.

    > I can only see positive comments about Linux, can't see anything bad
    > about it. Mind you, I've got the filter set to knock out you and your
    > boyfriend over there. Probably explains it.
    >
    > What's that coming over the hill .... plonk ... he's gone.

    There are bad things in Linux, though there's also a lot of noise
    in COLA, and presumably in the crossposted newsgroups as well.

    The main ones? ALSA microphone audio handling. I've yet to get
    it to work properly on any of my equipment. OSS had
    no difficulties therewith. I can't say I've seen any freezes,
    except for my winmodem which is a piece of junk anyway. I'm
    not all that happy with ATi DRI/Xorg 1.4.2, but it's tolerable.
    But 1.3 was more flicker-free, if buggy in other areas -- for
    example, Nexuiz players were invisible. In 1.4.2 the display
    is far weirder looking but at least I can see people to shoot at.

    And yes, these are in Linux proper, as opposed to, say, suspect
    PCLinuxOS GUI dialogs, which are somewhere in Gnome.

    Followups reset exclusively to COLA.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #104392:
    for(int i = 0; i < 1000000; i++) sleep(0);

  7. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    Mr Spock wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:12:34 +0200, LaszloLebrun wrote:
    >
    >> Mr Spock wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yea and your a ****ing **** stirring troll Moshe Pissflaps.

    >> That does not sound to be well educated Oxford english, is it? Is that
    >> the new Ubuntu spirit of conviviality?
    >>
    >> Laszlo

    > con·viv·i·al
    > adj.
    > 1. Fond of feasting, drinking, and good company; sociable. See Synonyms
    > at social.
    > 2. Merry; festive: a convivial atmosphere at the reunion.
    >
    > Have you read ANY of the posts here ?? You would find that practically
    > 75% plus of the users on this forum, are all a bunch of foul mouthed...

    Your irony detector appear to need some trimming, is it?
    ;-)

    Laszlo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4