Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine - Ubuntu ; "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post 11ob7w9i0yus2.1twcnf8u6uqf4.dlg@40tude.net on 8/11/08 8:41 PM: >> Then the average Joe is an idiot. .. and is that news? > > Doesn't matter. > He is your market. Elsewhere Rick was accusing me of being pompous... ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

  1. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    11ob7w9i0yus2.1twcnf8u6uqf4.dlg@40tude.net on 8/11/08 8:41 PM:

    >> Then the average Joe is an idiot. .. and is that news?

    > Doesn't matter.
    > He is your market.

    Elsewhere Rick was accusing me of being pompous... and then he says *that*.
    Wow.

    --
    But if you are somebody who is not too concerned about price, who is not too
    concerned about freedom, I don't think we can say the Linux desktop offers

  2. Re: THAT IS A BUNCH OF B.S., JUST FYI. OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU WORKS JUST FINE 4 ME, ALSO JUST FYI.

    Go Away Imposter. Just FYI. I Have Trademarked This Name And All The
    Writings That I Do And Nobody Has The Right To Use What I Say And I Make The
    Rules And Microsoft Must Follow The Rules And All The ISP's Must Enforse The
    Rules. Just FYI.

    I Will Have The FBI Investigate Each And Every Violation. Just FYI. The
    FBI Will Need To Hire More Agents To Look For Terrorists Because I Will Send
    Them All Over Looking For Imposters. Just FYI.

    This Is What It Is And How It Will Be. Just FYI. If You Don't Like It,
    Then 2 Bad. Just FYI.

    Now I Need To Install Ubuntu On My PC. Just FYI. Once I Install Ubuntu And
    Figure Out That I Can't Use It, I Will Install Windows 2008 Server. Just
    FYI

    Did I Say Just FYI? IF Not These Messages Are For Your Information Only And
    This Is Trademarked. Just FYI.

    Do Not Cross Me Or I Will File A Complaint. Just FYI

    wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), cheley_bonstell88@live.com
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, I did my research Before I installed ubuntu:
    >>>
    >>> Optimized the hard drive,
    >>> made sure I had enough room,
    >>>
    >>> put in the CD:
    >>>
    >>> said " yes" to install
    >>>
    >>> - And Here I am !
    >>>
    >>> Ubuntu is what I use almost exclusively ;
    >>>
    >>> I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again
    >>>
    >>> & good luck to yu !

    >> Until your accountant demands Quicken files.
    >> Until you decide to get into online stock trading.
    >> Until your kid comes home from school with programs you can't run.
    >> Until your job hands you some CBT trainining DVD's that you can't run.
    >> Until you wish to look at the Olympics videos.
    >> Until you wish to view BBC multimedia content.
    >> Until you try to upload maps/trips etc to your GPS.
    >> Until you decide to purchase something from the iTunes store.
    >> Until you decide to upgrade firmware on various PDA/Cell/GPS/iPod
    >> devices.
    >> Until you decide you want some real games other than Quake.
    >> Until you decide to try MagicJack to save on phone bills
    >> Until.......
    >>
    >> Would you like me to continue?
    >>
    >> Like you said " I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again"...
    >>
    >> Sure....
    >> Many more like you have said the same thing.
    >> A week later they are back to Windows or Mac.

  3. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), cheley_bonstell88@live.com
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I did my research Before I installed ubuntu:
    >>
    >> Optimized the hard drive,
    >> made sure I had enough room,
    >>
    >> put in the CD:
    >>
    >> said " yes" to install
    >>
    >> - And Here I am !
    >>
    >> Ubuntu is what I use almost exclusively ;
    >>
    >> I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again
    >>
    >> & good luck to yu !

    > Until your accountant demands Quicken files.
    > Until you decide to get into online stock trading.
    > Until your kid comes home from school with programs you can't run.
    > Until your job hands you some CBT trainining DVD's that you can't run.
    > Until you wish to look at the Olympics videos.
    > Until you wish to view BBC multimedia content.
    > Until you try to upload maps/trips etc to your GPS.
    > Until you decide to purchase something from the iTunes store.
    > Until you decide to upgrade firmware on various PDA/Cell/GPS/iPod devices.
    > Until you decide you want some real games other than Quake.
    > Until you decide to try MagicJack to save on phone bills
    > Until.......
    >
    > Would you like me to continue?

    No because these points mean you are and idiot. End of analysis.

    > Like you said " I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again"...
    >
    > Sure....
    > Many more like you have said the same thing.
    > A week later they are back to Windows or Mac.
    >

    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:9fOdnfHGw93ZcT3VnZ2dnUVZ_hydnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:33:16 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Does he want my business?

    >>> Can't be done with Linux? You sure?

    >>> Time to complain to the school board.

    >>> I guess they'll have to buy a Windows machine... or at least a Windows
    >>> license.

    >>> USA Channel.

    >>> I don't live in the UK, so I don't deal with the player.

    >>> Garmin Linux based unit?

    >>> Amazon.

    >>> Haven't tried my Palm TX, which is also my media player. My wireless
    >>> router is up to date, finally.

    >>> There are real games that run on Liux systems, other that Quake.

    >>> Oh, well.... too bad for them.

    >> No.

    > Yes.
    >
    >> Too bad for the Linux zealot.
    >> His loss.

    > Not if the user is happy with his decision.
    >

    >>> But then... you don't want to say anyting positive abut Linux systems
    >>> and OSS, do you?

    >> Sure i do.
    >> It's free..........

    > You use that as an insult whenever you can.
    >
    > --
    > Rick

    And it is absolutely false...it is NOT FREE.

  5. Re: OPEN SOURCE LINUX FEDORA ALSO WORKS GREAT 4 ME AS WELL, ALSO JUST FYI. USE FEDORA IF YOU DON'T LIKE UBUNTU.

    wrote in message

    > NOT TRUE, I AM VERY ACTIVE IN MICROSOFT.PUBLIC.WINDOWS.VISTA.GENERAL ON
    > THE MSNEWS.MICROSOFT.COM NEWS SERVER (MICROSOFT DELETES MY POSTS,
    > HOWEVER), JUST FYI.

    That is because you are a lunatic.
    Readers here would also delete your posts if they could.
    The kill file is about as good as it gets.

  6. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    Free, as in unencumbered?

  7. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On 2008-08-12, Rick wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:28:32 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    [deletia]
    >> The key is the word *works* and how it applies to COLA....
    >>
    >> Example: My video card just works with Linux. Real answer: I can't use
    >> the remote control, S-Video doesn't work, I can't use the highest
    >> resolutions etc...But it works...

    You'll have to do better than that. h264 hardware acceleration perhaps?

    As it is, I can already use my video card with the HDMI output (who
    is so lame as to use svideo in this day and age) at 1080i and mpeg2
    hardware accleration.

    [deletia]

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of Oracle's |||
    continued popularity as does an attempt to do some / | \

  8. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > Sniped...
    >
    > FWIW If it *works* for you, fine but COLA Linux people are liars.
    > They have been caught a zillion times already so I don't trust them until
    > they prove otherwise.

    Please leave it in COLA then.

    Ram

  9. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    > On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), cheley_bonstell88@live.com wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I did my research Before I installed ubuntu:
    >>
    >> Optimized the hard drive,
    >> made sure I had enough room,
    >>
    >> put in the CD:
    >>
    >> said " yes" to install
    >>
    >> - And Here I am !
    >>
    >> Ubuntu is what I use almost exclusively ;
    >>
    >> I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again
    >>
    >> & good luck to yu !

    > Until your accountant demands Quicken files.

    No professional accountant would do that.

    > Until you decide to get into online stock trading.

    You don't even need a computer to do that.

    > Until your kid comes home from school with programs you can't run.

    That has never happened in all the years of my daughter going to school.
    They have computer resources provided to them up through high school at
    a minimum.

    > Until your job hands you some CBT trainining DVD's that you can't run.

    Uh, Beavis, you can use the computer your job lends you.

    > Until you wish to look at the Olympics videos.

    Streams.

    > Until you wish to view BBC multimedia content.

    I thought they got some Linux support to that.

    http://www.ibiblio.org/fplan/Aviatio...n-HOWTO-8.html

    http://tuxmobil.org/gps_linux_survey.html

    > Until you decide to purchase something from the iTunes store.

    >Snicker<

    > Until you decide to upgrade firmware on various PDA/Cell/GPS/iPod devices.

    Many use VFAT or TFTP.

    If not, no need to buy a whole friggin' Windows computer... just
    borrow your friend's box for a couple of minutes.

    > Until you decide you want some real games other than Quake.

    I'm sure he already took Windows gaming out of his equation.

    Not everyone cares about have any games, let alone Windows games.

    > Until you decide to try MagicJack to save on phone bills

    Can you say Skype?

    > Until.......

    Don't be silly. There are plenty of ways do /all/ of the activities
    above, without Windows. And many of those activities don't even need a
    computer.

    The problem with you, flatso, is you don't keep on top of the latest
    developments. And why should you? It is easier to repeat old wive's
    tales, isn't it?

    --
    "What do you do when your real life exceeds your wildest fantasies?"
    "You keep it to yourself."

  10. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:28:32 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>

    > [deletia]
    >>> The key is the word *works* and how it applies to COLA....
    >>>
    >>> Example: My video card just works with Linux. Real answer: I can't use
    >>> the remote control, S-Video doesn't work, I can't use the highest
    >>> resolutions etc...But it works...

    > You'll have to do better than that. h264 hardware acceleration perhaps?
    >
    > As it is, I can already use my video card with the HDMI output (who
    > is so lame as to use svideo in this day and age) at 1080i and mpeg2
    > hardware accleration.

    It's amazing that those old wive's tales about Linux still have traction
    in this day and age.

    You'd think it was all command-line!

    Here's a cute little movie, rendered on open-source systems, with
    formats for various operating systems:

    http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

    It's a cute, well-done movie with nice effects. Big Buck reminds me of
    a guy here at work.

    WARNING FOR CHILDREN: A couple of butterflies get killed.

    --
    Spouse, n.:
    Someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you

  11. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    * Telstar peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Sure i do.
    >>> It's free..........

    >> You use that as an insult whenever you can.

    > And it is absolutely false...it is NOT FREE.

    Of course it isn't free. You have to buy CDs and pay for internet
    access to get it ;->

    --
    Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification
    purposes only.

  12. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On 2008-08-12, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), cheley_bonstell88@live.com wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I did my research Before I installed ubuntu:
    >>
    >> Optimized the hard drive,
    >> made sure I had enough room,
    >>
    >> put in the CD:
    >>
    >> said " yes" to install
    >>
    >> - And Here I am !
    >>
    >> Ubuntu is what I use almost exclusively ;
    >>
    >> I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again
    >>
    >> & good luck to yu !

    > Until your accountant demands Quicken files.
    > Until you decide to get into online stock trading.
    > Until your kid comes home from school with programs you can't run.
    > Until your job hands you some CBT trainining DVD's that you can't run.
    > Until you wish to look at the Olympics videos.
    > Until you wish to view BBC multimedia content.
    > Until you try to upload maps/trips etc to your GPS.
    > Until you decide to purchase something from the iTunes store.
    > Until you decide to upgrade firmware on various PDA/Cell/GPS/iPod devices.
    > Until you decide you want some real games other than Quake.
    > Until you decide to try MagicJack to save on phone bills
    > Until.......

    I used Linux for years at home and Almost never need to use
    Windows. At the moment we have a Windows PC, but it is turned off.

    The one recent moment was to initialize a "wireless broadband" modem
    that I am using. I had to use a Windows laptop to do it.

    The kid stuff, for now I handle with the word no. No, you cannot
    install that game, that is. No, just because that website tells you to
    install that software, you cannot install it.

    It works so far, if he needs to run Windows later (he is 7) he could
    choose to do so.

    > Would you like me to continue?
    >
    > Like you said " I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again"...
    >
    > Sure....
    > Many more like you have said the same thing.
    > A week later they are back to Windows or Mac.

  13. Re: THAT IS A BUNCH OF B.S., JUST FYI. OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU WORKSJUST FINE 4 ME, ALSO JUST FYI.

    kevpan815@noreply.com wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), cheley_bonstell88@live.com
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, I did my research Before I installed ubuntu:
    >>>
    >>> Optimized the hard drive,
    >>> made sure I had enough room,
    >>>
    >>> put in the CD:
    >>>
    >>> said " yes" to install
    >>>
    >>> - And Here I am !
    >>>
    >>> Ubuntu is what I use almost exclusively ;
    >>>
    >>> I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again
    >>>
    >>> & good luck to yu !

    >> Until your accountant demands Quicken files.
    >> Until you decide to get into online stock trading.
    >> Until your kid comes home from school with programs you can't run.
    >> Until your job hands you some CBT trainining DVD's that you can't run.
    >> Until you wish to look at the Olympics videos.
    >> Until you wish to view BBC multimedia content.
    >> Until you try to upload maps/trips etc to your GPS.
    >> Until you decide to purchase something from the iTunes store.
    >> Until you decide to upgrade firmware on various PDA/Cell/GPS/iPod
    >> devices.
    >> Until you decide you want some real games other than Quake.
    >> Until you decide to try MagicJack to save on phone bills
    >> Until.......

    PMSL. Lala Land is surely full by now?

  14. Re: OPEN SOURCE LINUX FEDORA ALSO WORKS GREAT 4 ME AS WELL, ALSOJUST FYI. USE FEDORA IF YOU DON'T LIKE UBUNTU.

    dennis@home wrote:

    > wrote in message

    > That is because you are a lunatic.
    > Readers here would also delete your posts if they could.
    > The kill file is about as good as it gets.

    True.

  15. Re: THAT IS A BUNCH OF B.S., JUST FYI. OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU WORKSJUST FINE 4 ME, ALSO JUST FYI.

    kevpan815@noreply.com wrote:
    > Go Away Imposter. Just FYI. I Have Trademarked This Name And All The
    > Writings That I Do And Nobody Has The Right To Use What I Say And I Make The
    > Rules And Microsoft Must Follow The Rules And All The ISP's Must Enforse The
    > Rules.

    LOL.

    Gorgeous.

  16. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:29:10 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), cheley_bonstell88@live.com wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, I did my research Before I installed ubuntu:
    >>>
    >>> Optimized the hard drive,
    >>> made sure I had enough room,
    >>>
    >>> put in the CD:
    >>>
    >>> said " yes" to install
    >>>
    >>> - And Here I am !
    >>>
    >>> Ubuntu is what I use almost exclusively ;
    >>>
    >>> I will probably never use a Microsoft OS again
    >>>
    >>> & good luck to yu !

    >> Until your accountant demands Quicken files.

    > No professional accountant would do that.

    Actually they do.
    QuickBooks at the client end.
    Professional level accounting software at their end.

    >> Until you decide to get into online stock trading.

    > You don't even need a computer to do that.

    Come on, you know what I mean.
    You can do so much on your own these days, projections, trends, watching,
    predicting etc.
    All from the comfort of home.
    Most require software that only runs on Windows or Mac.

    >> Until your kid comes home from school with programs you can't run.

    > That has never happened in all the years of my daughter going to school.
    > They have computer resources provided to them up through high school at
    > a minimum.

    Happens all the time where I live although they just gave every child a
    brand new Thinkpad T61 this year.
    Windows XP Professional of course.

    Lot's of free software like SAT Prep, Regents prep, Magic Schoolbus type
    stuff for the younger ones etc.
    All totally legal.
    Won't work on Linux though, although I think a couple of the educational
    software companies are offering Linux versions now.

    >> Until your job hands you some CBT trainining DVD's that you can't run.

    > Uh, Beavis, you can use the computer your job lends you.

    Try Cisco, Netapp, McData, Nortel etc.
    All CBT software for certifications and all run only on Windows.

    >> Until you wish to look at the Olympics videos.

    > Streams.

    Yea, looks like you guys might finally have a method but it's still a
    kludge compared to going to the site and clicking once.

    >> Until you wish to view BBC multimedia content.

    > I thought they got some Linux support to that.

    Might have.
    I know they initially refused to support Linux with their new multimedia
    player.

    >> Until you try to upload maps/trips etc to your GPS.

    > http://www.ibiblio.org/fplan/Aviatio...n-HOWTO-8.html
    >
    > http://tuxmobil.org/gps_linux_survey.html

    Nope.
    Apples and oranges.

    The software that comes with modern GPS devices is quite sophisticated.
    A lot better to plan your long vacation/trip sitting at a keyboard than
    pressing miniature buttons on the GPS itself.

    >> Until you decide to purchase something from the iTunes store.

    > >Snicker<

    >> Until you decide to upgrade firmware on various PDA/Cell/GPS/iPod devices.

    > Many use VFAT or TFTP.
    >
    > If not, no need to buy a whole friggin' Windows computer... just
    > borrow your friend's box for a couple of minutes.

    Like I said...
    A PITA.

    >> Until you decide you want some real games other than Quake.

    > I'm sure he already took Windows gaming out of his equation.
    >
    > Not everyone cares about have any games, let alone Windows games.

    Me in particular, but it's still a a factor for many people.

    >> Until you decide to try MagicJack to save on phone bills

    > Can you say Skype?

    Magic Jack is so much easier to use.
    Works great from what I have heard.
    Skype is a good choice if you are into conference calling though.

    >> Until.......

    > Don't be silly. There are plenty of ways do /all/ of the activities
    > above, without Windows. And many of those activities don't even need a
    > computer.
    >
    > The problem with you, flatso, is you don't keep on top of the latest
    > developments. And why should you? It is easier to repeat old wive's
    > tales, isn't it?

    Yes I do.
    The problem is you offer half baked solutions that are not inline with what
    the consumer is expecting.
    The GPS example is one.
    The DVD is in the box, slap it in, plug the GPS into the computer and you
    are done.
    The Linux way?
    Good luck...

    Your poo pooing of the CBT software is another.
    I offered real world examples, and there are many more.

    I'm pretty much up on things but the point is the Linux alternatives, if
    they even exist, are just not as easy nor as polished and professional as
    the Windows software.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  17. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On 2008-08-12, Linonut wrote:
    > * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:28:32 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>>

    >> [deletia]

    >> You'll have to do better than that. h264 hardware acceleration perhaps?
    >>
    >> As it is, I can already use my video card with the HDMI output (who
    >> is so lame as to use svideo in this day and age) at 1080i and mpeg2
    >> hardware accleration.

    > It's amazing that those old wive's tales about Linux still have traction
    > in this day and age.
    >
    > You'd think it was all command-line!

    TAB likes to repeat this lie every time he posts.

    Some people are working perversely hard to keep this myth alive...

    [deletia]

    --
    Linux: because everyone should get to drink the beer of their |||
    choice and not merely be limited to pretensious imports or hard cider. / | \

  18. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    > I'm pretty much up on things but the point is the Linux alternatives, if
    > they even exist, are just not as easy nor as polished and professional as
    > the Windows software.

    So what? That does not make the Windows versions necessities.

    Stick with Windows if you wish. Many people, however, do not wish to
    use it, and they find they can perform most, if not all, of the same
    functions with open-source software.

    A large portion of the supposed "need" for Windows is simply someone
    feeling wedded to a specific, Windows-only application. And, as you
    demonstrate with your mostly bogus list of limitations, ignorance also
    plays a large part.

    --
    "I dislike companies that have a we-are-the-high-priests-of-hardware-so-you'll-
    like-what-we-give-you attitude. I like commodity markets in which iron-and-

  19. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:03:27 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> I'm pretty much up on things but the point is the Linux alternatives, if
    >> they even exist, are just not as easy nor as polished and professional as
    >> the Windows software.

    > So what? That does not make the Windows versions necessities.

    They do if you plan on using your computer for that kind of stuff and I
    have news for you that stuff is VERY important to the typical consumer.
    The computer is now an appliance of sorts and is used to interface with
    these things.

    People don't want to be bothered looking for a device that might work with
    Linux.
    They want the *red one* or the *blue one* and typically they read the
    reviews online and buy.
    Linux savvy people work differently and they typically look for Linux
    supported devices and work from that point.

    > Stick with Windows if you wish. Many people, however, do not wish to
    > use it, and they find they can perform most, if not all, of the same
    > functions with open-source software.

    Not from what I see.
    The process is nowhere as easy. The programs are generally not as powerful
    and like I said above you have to carefully pick and choose your devices.

    Here's another one, those wireless Lexmark printers they are advertising
    all over the place.
    Do they work with Linux?
    Dop they work with ALL versions of Linux or just Redhat or Suse?
    I don't know.
    I do know they work with Windows though

    > A large portion of the supposed "need" for Windows is simply someone
    > feeling wedded to a specific, Windows-only application. And, as you
    > demonstrate with your mostly bogus list of limitations, ignorance also
    > plays a large part.

    No it's not, it's what people use in daily life be it business, school or
    personal use.
    It goes well beyond web browsing, email and playing some mp3 files.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Ubuntu screwed my machine

    > They do if you plan on using your computer for that kind of stuff and
    > I have news for you that stuff is VERY important to the typical
    > consumer. The computer is now an appliance of sorts and is used to
    > interface with these things.
    >
    > People don't want to be bothered looking for a device that might work
    > with Linux. They want the *red one* or the *blue one* and typically
    > they read the reviews online and buy. Linux savvy people work
    > differently and they typically look for Linux supported devices and
    > work from that point.
    >
    > Here's another one, those wireless Lexmark printers they are
    > advertising all over the place. Do they work with Linux? Dop they
    > work with ALL versions of Linux or just Redhat or Suse? I don't know.
    > I do know they work with Windows though
    >
    > No it's not, it's what people use in daily life be it business, school
    > or personal use. It goes well beyond web browsing, email and playing
    > some mp3 files.

    You raise some good points, but, guess what? They are mostly
    /marketing/ issues.

    --
    Q: What do you say to a New Yorker with a job?
    A: Big Mac, fries and a Coke, please!