Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Here are a few thoughts and a quick roundup of what I have seen at LinuxWorld >| 2008 ...

  1. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Here are a few thoughts and a quick roundup of what I have seen at LinuxWorld
    >| 2008 in San Francisco so far.
    > `----
    >
    > http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    Why are there so few people there?
    When I go to PCExpo it's so packed with bodies you can barely move around.

    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> Here are a few thoughts and a quick roundup of what I have seen at
    >>> LinuxWorld 2008 in San Francisco so far.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    > Why are there so few people there?

    Looks like every luser on the planet is there. No wonder linux has claimed
    ..02% of the desktop market.

    > When I go to PCExpo it's so packed with bodies you can barely move
    > around.

  3. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Here are a few thoughts and a quick roundup of what I have seen at LinuxWorld
    >>| 2008 in San Francisco so far.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    > Why are there so few people there?
    > When I go to PCExpo it's so packed with bodies you can barely move around.
    >
    > http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    More to the point, where were Roy or (*lol*) High Plains Hypocrite?

    --
    "Are Linux systems perfect. Uh, no."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  4. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:18:33 -0700, relic wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    >> Why are there so few people there?

    > Looks like every luser on the planet is there. No wonder linux has claimed
    > .02% of the desktop market.

    So it would appear.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:18:33 -0700, "relic" wrote:

    >Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    >> Why are there so few people there?

    >Looks like every luser on the planet is there. No wonder linux has claimed
    >.02% of the desktop market.

    If you hate linux so much why do you read this NG?

  6. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    Cross-posting added by "Moshe"

    * relic peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:23:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> LinuxWorld 2008: Thoughts and Pictures
    >>>
    >>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/106573/index.html

    >> Why are there so few people there?

    > Looks like every luser on the planet is there. No wonder linux has claimed
    > .02% of the desktop market.
    >
    >> When I go to PCExpo it's so packed with bodies you can barely move
    >> around.

    Whatever happened to COMDEX?

    --
    You never go anywhere without your soul.

  7. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    Linonut wrote:
    > Cross-posting added by "Moshe"
    >
    > * relic peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Why are there so few people there?

    >> Looks like every luser on the planet is there. No wonder linux has
    >> claimed .02% of the desktop market.
    >>
    >>> When I go to PCExpo it's so packed with bodies you can barely move
    >>> around.

    > Whatever happened to COMDEX?

    Good question. I haven't heard of that for quite a few years now.

  8. Re: [News] Photos from LinuxWorld, Computers Built for Schools

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:46:56 -0700, relic wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> Cross-posting added by "Moshe"
    >>
    >> * relic peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Looks like every luser on the planet is there. No wonder linux has
    >>> claimed .02% of the desktop market.

    >> Whatever happened to COMDEX?

    > Good question. I haven't heard of that for quite a few years now.

    No longer in operation.
    INTEROP is the replacement.

    http://www.comdex.com/
    --