WPA2 Personal available for Ubuntu? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on WPA2 Personal available for Ubuntu? - Ubuntu ; I was trying to set up Wi-Fi in my new Dell laptop so that it could communicate with my Linksys 802.11g wireless router. But every time that I entered "WPA2" in Ubuntu's setup wizard, it spontaneously changed back to "WPA" ...

  1. WPA2 Personal available for Ubuntu?

    I was trying to set up Wi-Fi in my new Dell laptop so
    that it could communicate with my Linksys 802.11g
    wireless router. But every time that I entered "WPA2"
    in Ubuntu's setup wizard, it spontaneously changed
    back to "WPA" after I restarted. "WPA2" had been
    working fine for months on my wireless LAN for Vista
    on my laptop, XP on my desktop, my printer, and the
    Linksys router. But I had to reset every device on the
    LAN to use WPA to keep Ubuntu happy. Is WPA2
    Personal encryption available for Ubuntu?

    *TimDaniels*

  2. Re: WPA2 Personal available for Ubuntu?

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:44:09 -0700, Timothy Daniels wrote:

    > I was trying to set up Wi-Fi in my new Dell laptop so
    > that it could communicate with my Linksys 802.11g
    > wireless router. But every time that I entered "WPA2"
    > in Ubuntu's setup wizard, it spontaneously changed
    > back to "WPA" after I restarted. "WPA2" had been
    > working fine for months on my wireless LAN for Vista
    > on my laptop, XP on my desktop, my printer, and the
    > Linksys router. But I had to reset every device on the
    > LAN to use WPA to keep Ubuntu happy. Is WPA2
    > Personal encryption available for Ubuntu?
    >
    > *TimDaniels*

    I have wicd installed as my wired/wireless network connection tool. You
    can find it here http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

    I now use wpa2 for my own wireless router. Wicd works brilliant. Think of
    netsetman for windows and your on the right track for wicd (ish)

+ Reply to Thread