This is a discussion on view source in pan - Ubuntu ; Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there somewhere, but I can't find it. Jose...

    Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    somewhere, but I can't find it.

    Jose

  2. Re: view source in pan

    Jose wrote:

    > Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    > somewhere, but I can't find it.

    Do you mean "how to read headers?"

    Press H.

    --
    -bts

  3. Re: view source in pan

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:45:24 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    >> somewhere, but I can't find it.

    > Do you mean "how to read headers?"

    No. That I know. I want to see the full message source. Sometimes Pan
    puts in diamond symbols for characters it doesn't understand - I"ve seen
    this in quoted material where the original material was properly rendered
    (accented letters, for example) but the quote wasn't. I just want to see
    what actually came through, prior to interpretation by Pan.

    Jose

  4. Re: view source in pan

    Jose wrote:
    > Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    > somewhere, but I can't find it.
    >
    > Jose

    Your Pan 0.132 or Pan 0.14.2.91?

    --
    John

  5. Re: view source in pan

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:57:41 -0500, John F. Morse wrote:

    > Your Pan 0.132 or Pan 0.14.2.91?

    The former. 0.132

    Jose

  6. Re: view source in pan

    On 2008-08-04, John F. Morse hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > Jose wrote:
    >> Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    >> somewhere, but I can't find it.
    >>
    >> Jose
    >>

    > Your Pan 0.132 or Pan 0.14.2.91?

    Thunderbird doesn't give you the option to see "full headers" ?
    SLRN gives me with one key-stroke "t" this information...

    Dragomir Kollaric

  7. Re: view source in pan

    On 2008-08-04, Jose hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:45:24 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >>> Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    >>> somewhere, but I can't find it.

    >> Do you mean "how to read headers?"

    > No. That I know. I want to see the full message source. Sometimes Pan
    > puts in diamond symbols for characters it doesn't understand - I"ve seen
    > this in quoted material where the original material was properly rendered
    > (accented letters, for example) but the quote wasn't. I just want to see
    > what actually came through, prior to interpretation by Pan.

    I think this is the "charset" configuration. Looked at Pan a
    long time ago, so I can't be of more help here. Hope this
    will get you searching in the right direction...

    > Jose

    Dragomir Kollaric

  8. Re: view source in pan

    Dragomir Kollaric wrote:

    >> Jose wrote:
    >>> Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    >>> somewhere, but I can't find it.

    > Thunderbird doesn't give you the option to see "full headers" ?

    Jose is asking about Pan. (John posts with Thunderbird.)

    > SLRN gives me with one key-stroke "t" this information...

    40tude Dialog, which I normally use (in Wine), has the option of one
    mouse-click on "Raw Message" - in that little skinny pane to the right
    of the body pane. Can't find anything similar in Pan...

    --
    -bts

  9. Re: view source in pan

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:17:28 +0200, Dragomir Kollaric wrote:

    > Thunderbird doesn't give you the option to see "full headers" ? SLRN
    > gives me with one key-stroke "t" this information...

    I don't want "full headers" (I can do that already). I'm looking for the
    message body in source form (uninterpreted). Pan (I don't think that's a
    mozilla product) will show full headers, but I don't see where to get the
    actual original ASCII source.

    SeaMonkey does that with Ctrl-U Probably Tbird too. Pan?

    Jose

  10. Re: view source in pan

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:04:15 +0000, Jose wrote:

    > Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    > somewhere, but I can't find it.
    >
    > Jose

    I'm using Pan 0.132, too. I could not find any "view source" option here,
    either, but there is a simple workaround.

    Select the message, then execute command "Save articles...". Select the
    action "Save text", for example and click Save. It does not ask you for
    the file name, just the location (Home, be default). File name is equal to
    the value of "Message-Id". Open it with your editor.
    I believe Pan will save the message source, but I'm not quite sure.
    Just make a test - on a message with rich text formatting.

    At least I could see the full header and body of your message...

    Chris

  11. Re: view source in pan

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:59:48 +0000, KW wrote:

    > Select the message, then execute command "Save articles...".

    Thanks. That works. (although I think Pan should have a "show source"
    command internally!)

    Jose

  12. Re: view source in pan

    Dragomir Kollaric wrote:
    > On 2008-08-04, John F. Morse hit the keyboard and wrote:
    >
    >> Jose wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anybody know how to view the message source in Pan? It must be there
    >>> somewhere, but I can't find it.
    >>>
    >>> Jose
    >>>

    >> Your Pan 0.132 or Pan 0.14.2.91?
    >>

    > Thunderbird doesn't give you the option to see "full headers" ?
    > SLRN gives me with one key-stroke "t" this information...

    Yes, Thunderbird will display full headers -- one click on a "+" button
    opens an area between the message pane and the message list pane to show
    full headers. Also including a choice of "normal" headers or view all
    headers.

    U opens a window with the complete message source.

    However, Jose is asking about Pan, not Thunderbird. ;-)

    --
    John

  13. Re: view source in pan

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 01:00:36 +0000, Jose wrote:

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:59:48 +0000, KW wrote:
    >
    >> Select the message, then execute command "Save articles...".

    > Thanks. That works. (although I think Pan should have a "show source"
    > command internally!)

    With pan, to get all features, you must run all versions ;-)

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

+ Reply to Thread