Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote: > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have > them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite > solution to ...

  1. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    > them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    > solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    > unsolved."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15
    >
    > But but but...
    >
    > * many eyes looking at the source code?
    > * responsive developer "community"?
    > * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    dirty laundry is being aired out.

    In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would never
    admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault of Linux,
    the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    squawking "works for me" etc...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to
    >> have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a
    >> definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a
    >> long time now unsolved."
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15
    >>
    >> But but but...
    >>
    >> * many eyes looking at the source code?
    >> * responsive developer "community"?
    >> * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    > What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    > dirty laundry is being aired out.
    >
    > In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would never
    > admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault of
    > Linux, the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    > They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    > trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    > squawking "works for me" etc...

    And *again* flatfish Gary Stewart felt the need to start yet another
    crosspost, and again into a linux general help group having nothing to do
    with advocacy

    The windows crowd must be mighty afraid
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design: