Pan error on attempt to reply - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Pan error on attempt to reply - Ubuntu ; New to Pan. Upon replying to a particular post, I got the error "rejected by post filter." Can anyone shed some light on this? -- Tiger®...

  1. Pan error on attempt to reply

    --
    Tiger®

  2. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    * Tiger wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > New to Pan. Upon replying to a particular post, I got the error
    > "rejected by post filter." Can anyone shed some light on this?

    Were you able to make that same post to the same group with another
    client? The full meesage should have had a number in front (441?). Your
    server is rejecting the post for some reason. More details.

    --
    David | Fight Back!

  3. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    SINNER wrote:
    > * Tiger wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >> New to Pan. Upon replying to a particular post, I got the error
    >> "rejected by post filter." Can anyone shed some light on this?

    > Were you able to make that same post to the same group with another
    > client? The full meesage should have had a number in front (441?). Your
    > server is rejecting the post for some reason. More details.

    Yes, I made the exact same post to the same group with the same server
    using Knode. And yes, I believe it was error 441 or 414.

    --
    Tiger®

  4. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 17:43:10 -0400, Tiger wrote:

    > SINNER wrote:
    >> * Tiger wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>> New to Pan. Upon replying to a particular post, I got the error
    >>> "rejected by post filter." Can anyone shed some light on this?

    >> Were you able to make that same post to the same group with another
    >> client? The full meesage should have had a number in front (441?). Your
    >> server is rejecting the post for some reason. More details.
    >>

    > Yes, I made the exact same post to the same group with the same server
    > using Knode. And yes, I believe it was error 441 or 414.

    You're not alone:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bells...by+post+filter

    Bellsouth apparently have a filter on their news server that rejects user-
    submitted posts unless they're plain text or a specific MIME type.

  5. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    Snowbat wrote:
    > Tiger wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Yes, I made the exact same post to the same group with the same
    >> server using Knode. And yes, I believe it was error 441 or 414.

    > You're not alone:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=bells...by+post+filter
    >
    > Bellsouth apparently have a filter on their news server that
    > rejects user-submitted posts unless they're plain text or a
    > specific MIME type.

    Good for them. They should also reject all the MIME types.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  6. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:12:56 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Good for them. They should also reject all the MIME types.

    again

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  7. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    * Trevor Best wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:12:56 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Good for them. They should also reject all the MIME types.

    > again

    ROTFL!!!!!

    Well Done!
    --
    David

  8. Re: Pan error on attempt to reply

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:12:56 -0400, CBFalconer
    wrote:

    > Snowbat wrote:
    >
    >> Bellsouth apparently have a filter on their news server that
    >> rejects user-submitted posts unless they're plain text or a
    >> specific MIME type.

    > Good for them. They should also reject all the MIME types.

    From your headers:

    Presumably you didn't mean quite what you wrote.

    --
    PJR :-)

    ,http://slrn-doc.sourceforge.net/>

+ Reply to Thread