gnome panel clock problem - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on gnome panel clock problem - Ubuntu ; Hello everyone, Please forgive me if this topic has come up before. I have not been able to find anything related to it in this group. System is using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest updates. My system time is correct ...

  1. gnome panel clock problem

    Hello everyone,

    Please forgive me if this topic has come up before. I have not been able
    to find anything related to it in this group.

    System is using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest updates.

    My system time is correct (America-central time) BUT the panel clock
    shows GMT. With daylight savings time here, I am GMT-5 hrs. If I run
    "date" on the CLI, it shows the correct time and date. I have tried every
    possible thing (NTP, etc.) I've been able to find reference on using the
    Ubuntu forums but have not found anyone with this problem.

    Also, on the login screen, the time is correct (local time), but as soon
    as the desktop comes up the panel clock shows GMT (my local time +5 hrs).

    Has anyone had experience with this?

    I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Ubuntu 8.04 on it and it's fine. Time is
    correct on the panel and system. No problems with it.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance. I really DO NOT want to do a clean
    install just to fix this problem.

    Allen

  2. Re: gnome panel clock problem

    AllenSco wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > Please forgive me if this topic has come up before. I have not been able
    > to find anything related to it in this group.
    >
    > System is using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest updates.
    >
    > My system time is correct (America-central time) BUT the panel clock
    > shows GMT. With daylight savings time here, I am GMT-5 hrs. If I run
    > "date" on the CLI, it shows the correct time and date. I have tried every
    > possible thing (NTP, etc.) I've been able to find reference on using the
    > Ubuntu forums but have not found anyone with this problem.
    >
    > Also, on the login screen, the time is correct (local time), but as soon
    > as the desktop comes up the panel clock shows GMT (my local time +5 hrs).
    >
    > Has anyone had experience with this?
    >
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Ubuntu 8.04 on it and it's fine. Time is
    > correct on the panel and system. No problems with it.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance. I really DO NOT want to do a clean
    > install just to fix this problem.
    >
    > Allen

    Right click on panel clock/Preferences/Location doesn't fix it?

    --
    Bob
    "I don't believe in evil, I believe in right and wrong, and very

+ Reply to Thread