Installation qestion - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Installation qestion - Ubuntu ; I love the Ubuntu cd. I have tried the PCLinuxOS live CD but confused a windows user. I have a laptop and a desktop. I put the cd in the desktop that has windows xp loaded. It asks me if ...

  1. Installation qestion

    I love the Ubuntu cd. I have tried the PCLinuxOS live CD but confused
    a windows user.

    I have a laptop and a desktop. I put the cd in the desktop that has
    windows xp loaded. It asks me if I want to install within windows. I
    say yes and put it on a partition that doesn't have windows on it. If
    fact, it is 29 gigs of free space.

    Now back to my laptop. In windowsXP the screen keeps freezing all the
    time. I have some major software conflicts. I can't install ubuntu
    within windows.

    If I start the installation of UBuntu, isn't the default, from the cd,
    to erase everything and intall ubuntu as the only OS?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Installation qestion

    On 2008-07-29, AWilliamson wrote:
    > I love the Ubuntu cd. I have tried the PCLinuxOS live CD but confused
    > a windows user.
    >
    > I have a laptop and a desktop. I put the cd in the desktop that has
    > windows xp loaded. It asks me if I want to install within windows. I
    > say yes and put it on a partition that doesn't have windows on it. If
    > fact, it is 29 gigs of free space.
    >
    > Now back to my laptop. In windowsXP the screen keeps freezing all the
    > time. I have some major software conflicts. I can't install ubuntu
    > within windows.
    >
    > If I start the installation of UBuntu, isn't the default, from the cd,
    > to erase everything and intall ubuntu as the only OS?

    The choice to do that is given and may or may not be the default, You
    need to pay attention and do not answer yes to everything automatically.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

+ Reply to Thread