Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:36:37 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote: > Yep, I had to capture a part of a screen. > So I googled. And i came across scrot. > What is scrot? > > http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/...-cli-with.html > ...

  1. Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:36:37 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Yep, I had to capture a part of a screen.
    > So I googled. And i came across scrot.
    > What is scrot?
    >
    > http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/...-cli-with.html
    >
    > A command line screen capture tool.
    > It is all TERMINAL BASED. You got that
    > right. I must be in the 60's still. You have to
    > terminal and install and even run it.
    >
    > It has a lot of options. They can't make a screen
    > for this tool? Right, the programmers are 60's geeks.
    >
    > The screen capture includes the terminal window.
    >
    > Can't I just just the mouse and select the area?
    > Or do I need to keep google-ing to find another program.

    Scrot?

    You're kidding right?

    That's slang for "scrotum".....

    Coppers call homosexuals "Scrots" ....

    Yet another fantastic Linux name for a program....

    Not as good as LinPUS though... That one takes the cake..

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past

    On 2008-07-29, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:36:37 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> Yep, I had to capture a part of a screen.
    >> So I googled. And i came across scrot.
    >> What is scrot?

    I am sorry that you did not come across Alt-PrintScreen.

    So you log on to your Ubuntu and press Alt-PrintScreen and you have
    your screen capture. It even prompts you for the file name to save it,
    how nice.

    This "scrot", I think is more for spying on your spouse with a cron
    job, to take screen picture every minute of some other special things
    like that.

    >> http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/...-cli-with.html
    >>
    >> A command line screen capture tool.
    >> It is all TERMINAL BASED. You got that
    >> right. I must be in the 60's still. You have to
    >> terminal and install and even run it.
    >>
    >> It has a lot of options. They can't make a screen
    >> for this tool? Right, the programmers are 60's geeks.
    >>
    >> The screen capture includes the terminal window.
    >>
    >> Can't I just just the mouse and select the area?
    >> Or do I need to keep google-ing to find another program.

    > Scrot?
    >
    > You're kidding right?
    >
    > That's slang for "scrotum".....
    >
    > Coppers call homosexuals "Scrots" ....
    >
    > Yet another fantastic Linux name for a program....
    >
    > Not as good as LinPUS though... That one takes the cake..

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  3. Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:24:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:36:37 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> Yep, I had to capture a part of a screen. So I googled. And i came
    >> across scrot. What is scrot?
    >>
    >> http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/...reenshots-via-

    cli-with.html

    >> A command line screen capture tool.
    >> It is all TERMINAL BASED. You got that right. I must be in the 60's
    >> still. You have to terminal and install and even run it.
    >>
    >> It has a lot of options. They can't make a screen for this tool?
    >> Right, the programmers are 60's geeks.
    >>
    >> The screen capture includes the terminal window.
    >>
    >> Can't I just just the mouse and select the area? Or do I need to keep
    >> google-ing to find another program.

    > Scrot?
    >
    > You're kidding right?
    >
    > That's slang for "scrotum".....
    >
    > Coppers call homosexuals "Scrots" ....
    >
    > Yet another fantastic Linux name for a program....
    >
    > Not as good as LinPUS though... That one takes the cake..

    Why do you enjoy looking like such scum?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past

    Ignoramus31137 wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yep, I had to capture a part of a screen. So I googled. And
    >>> i came across scrot. What is scrot?

    > I am sorry that you did not come across Alt-PrintScreen.
    >
    > So you log on to your Ubuntu and press Alt-PrintScreen and you
    > have your screen capture. It even prompts you for the file name
    > to save it, how nice.
    >
    > This "scrot", I think is more for spying on your spouse with a
    > cron job, to take screen picture every minute of some other
    > special things like that.

    Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  5. Re: Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Not as good as LinPUS though... That one takes the cake..

    Linfux
    Lintux or LinT...

    like from toes or the stuff stuck in the bottom of your jeans pocket.

+ Reply to Thread