KDE 4.1 for Kubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on KDE 4.1 for Kubuntu - Ubuntu ; KDE 4.1 has been released and packages made available for Kubuntu. I tried KDE 4 on Kubuntu earlier in the year and found it to be very much unfinished. I've heard that 4.1 is intended to be a much more ...

  1. KDE 4.1 for Kubuntu

    KDE 4.1 has been released and packages made available for Kubuntu.
    I tried KDE 4 on Kubuntu earlier in the year and found it to be very
    much unfinished.
    I've heard that 4.1 is intended to be a much more "complete" product
    suitable for general consumption.
    I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences of trying KDE 4.1 in
    Kubuntu.

    I personally can't wait to get KDE 4.x running on my machine because I
    think it looks gorgeous.

    --
    -Toby

  2. Re: KDE 4.1 for Kubuntu

    Toby Newman wrote:
    > KDE 4.1 has been released and packages made available for Kubuntu.

    I have a Mandriva install that will take it.

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: KDE 4.1 for Kubuntu

    Toby Newman wrote:

    > KDE 4.1 has been released and packages made available for Kubuntu.
    > I tried KDE 4 on Kubuntu earlier in the year and found it to be very
    > much unfinished.
    > I've heard that 4.1 is intended to be a much more "complete" product
    > suitable for general consumption.
    > I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences of trying KDE 4.1 in
    > Kubuntu.
    >
    > I personally can't wait to get KDE 4.x running on my machine because I
    > think it looks gorgeous.

    I just installed it. First that I have used kde4 and it still seem incomplete but very usable. Don't think I'll go back to 3.5.9 as
    this is the future of kde.

    bob

+ Reply to Thread